Chapter Two: Marry Christmas

Start from the beginning

"That was so much fun," I say.

"Yeah. We should do that again sometime," Louis didn't even seem fazed by the fact he almost broke bones.

"Maybe," I shrug. I didn't want him to do something stupid and get hurt.

"Why not?" He questions.

"I said maybe," I protest.

"Your tone of voice tells me otherwise," he uses the saying my Mum has used on us many times.

"Shut up," I whine.

"Fine," Louis shakes his head, causing his hair to flip up into a bit better style.

"Why do you do that?" I ask.

"Do what?" He asks.

"This," I shake my head, making my hair splay out from my head. Some lands in odd angles when I stop to smile at him.

He is laughing. I laugh with him.

Rain. Rain. Rain. That is all there is for a while in spring. Now is that while. Louis and I are playing board games in his room. It’s snakes and ladders.

"This is so boring!" I exclaim.

"What else are we going to do?" Louis questions me. I flop down on his floor.

"I dunno. Not this?" I ask with a smile. I told my hands behind my head and gaze at his ceiling.

"I'd like to just lie on the floor and stare at the ceiling, though," I look over and see he is mimicking my position, beside me.

"Really? Why would you do that? It's even more boring," I look back up to the ceiling. White.

"Because I'm with you."

I feel my face heat, and I won't look at him. What's that supposed to mean? Just because I'm with him, that makes it cool. I know I feel that way. I didn't think he did.

Maybe we both feel that way...

"Okay, class. We are working on our writing about our weekends. Just write about the most fun thing you did," Mrs. Grishen smiles to the class before sitting down at her desk.

I open my writing book and write a little bit about what I did with Louis on the weekend. I don't go into much detail. We had fun all weekend at his house. We were so hyper and crazy. I can't tell people what we did. It's too much to put together onto a page.

We had gone swimming, played in the trees behind his house, and even teased his sisters. It was fun. Mrs. Grishen would scold us for being mean or something if I wrote it down.

I'll just keep it in my head.

"Why'd you do that?!" I exclaim. I shake my head and splatter Louis with mud.

"Hey!" He is laughing, though.

"You started it!" I smile and flick mud off of my palms. He threw mud in my hair. At least I was in my boots and rain coat. He would've gotten me covered in mud. Since the rain had finally let up we were splashing in the puddles.

"So?" He grabs another handful and chucks it at me. I duck. I throw some at him and hit him in the face.

"Oh, it's on," he growls, shaking it out of his eyes.

"Oh, yeah?" I ask and throw some more.

"Yeah!"

"I'm sorry," I cover my open mouth as I look down at him. Louis is on the ground moaning.