Chapter Two: Marry Christmas

En başından başla

"Stupid, Lewis!" I exclaim and push him. He hated it when I called him 'Lewis'. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes. He stands, brushes his hands on his mucky shirt and offers it to me. I pull him back down again.

"Hey!" slips out of his mouth as he lands on all fours. We both stand and trudge back to the house for our snack. I get Band-Aids and Polysporin from Mum.

"Tianna! Louis! It's getting late! I don't want you two sunburnt!" Mum calls from the house. She was putting laundry on the line while watching us. I guess she had to go take care of Lydon and Arthur now.

"Come on, Louis. Let’s go," I climb out onto the deck and wait for him.

"Coming," he is beside me now. We both jump from the deck because Mum turned around. Mum always says we're going to get hurt that way. We always do it, though. We haven't hurt ourselves yet.

We start a race back to the house when Louis suddenly isn't beside me. I look back and see he is peeing on the bushes beside the small trees.

"Louis!" I whine.

"What?" He asks stupidly. He is grinning like an idiot though.

"Whatever!" I call to him and run into the house and to my room. I shut the door behind me and grab myself an outfit. I peel off my wet bathing suit slowly. I finally get it off and throw it on the floor. I reach for the shirt I picked out, but the door opens. I pick up the shirt and try to cover myself with it as I look to the door.

It was Louis.

He smiles for a second before slowly closing the door. My face flames as I get dressed quickly. I open the door to see that Louis is sitting on a towel in the hall. He stands when I come out of my room. I stand in front of him so that he is up against the wall.

"Don't. Tell. Anyone," I am very close to his face and am using my growl-y voice. I can see his shoulders shrink, and his neck get shorter as he cowers. I can even hear him gulp.

I go back into my room, get him a suitable outfit, and throw it in his face as he waits in my doorway. I was so mad at him.

"Louis! Hurry up!" I whine. He always takes forever to get his snow pants on. I roll my eyes as I start to sweat. I have been standing in the hall of my hot house for too long in all of my outside winter gear.

"Two more seconds!" He insists.

"One... Two," I look at him and he is just tucking the last leg of his snow pants over his boot.

"Done!" He says triumphantly.

"Finally!" I smile.

"Let’s go," he says. We grab the magic carpet and go to the drifts by the garage. They were steeper than the hills. We couldn't use the toboggan on them though. They weren't long enough. We actually had to go on the hills with the toboggan.

We climb to the top of the snowdrift and ready ourselves together on the magic carpet. Louis was behind me, and was holding the corners on the outsides of my hands. We lean forward and start to slide. We go down the short drift feeling weightless.

At the end, though we both eat snow. We do a face plant and flop to the side laughing and spitting out whatever we got in our mouths.

"Let’s go again," I splutter out.

"Yeah," Louis nods and wipes away tears with the biggest grin.

Rosy cheeks, smiles that hurt, and nice hot chocolate in our hands. I love today! Louis and I went back to the barn and played on the swing. He jumped off and almost went flying down the ladder. He didn't jump off after that. We are sitting at the table now, drinking our hot chocolate, grinning like idiots, and warming up.