CHAPTER I: Is This Part of My Coming-Of-Age Tale or is it Just Some Bullshit?

February 6th, 1975

To be honest, I do not know who I'm writing to or why I'm even writing at all; they said it was because you would be the person to save me from the life that I have made for myself, though I doubt that because everyone who's tried to save me ends up failing. After all, they always are. Too. Late.

The only thing that I don't seem to understand is why people avoid people like me. I've tried my best to explain to them why I am who I am but nothing seems to work, though that might just be my dark side talking. (I hope it isn't).

You of all people should be able to understand that since you might try to appreciate what it means to be alive with feelings and everything. This is what my life looks like. Though I'm both suicidal and empty. I am still trying to figure out how not to be, though nothing seems to work for me.

I try to think of my mom as a reason for me being this way, especially after my friend Lisa stopped answering my messages and calls last winter when I heard Ms. Stacy's soft caramel-like voice overhead.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, today her parents, Mrs. & Ms. Kielholz, found the body of Lisa Kielholz in her room hanging from a rope. We will hold a memorial service this evening at 3:00 PM before after-school tutoring."

I don't even know how the news of Lisa's death traveled so fast throughout Claxworths, but then again what doesn't travel fast through this school?

Claxworths Academy, the school where all the wealthy spoiled kids of Tywardreath were sent to because their parents didn't have time to watch them make their stupid mistakes and ruin their family names.

The Ancient Eight family names known all around Tywardreath were the Novillers, the Estiellanes, the Genegnes, the Andimouxs, the Ronchelieus, the Kergateuils, the Mévouinacs, and finally the Chauvegnés.

But I can tell you this, If I had a dime for every time someone somehow seemed to die in Tywardreath, then I would probably be rich but since I'm not a part of the ancient families but distant relatives but my parents are.

You probably might wonder, how do I know all of this? Truth be told, I don't know myself either, but after all, I'm just telling you what my story is, so it's not like you can know what type of things go through in my head 24/7 and all that stuff.

Right after Ms. Stacy announced her death, some students started crying, which I found to be hilarious. You may ask what type of crazy person laughs when people cry over someone who has died?

To be honest with you, they were the reason she was dead in the first place and they knew they had probably gone too far with how they had treated her throughout her three and a half years at Claxworths.

The only thing about the rich people of Tywardreath was how they seemed to care more about their reputation and money than their kids, which is probably why they act the way they do.

Please don't think I'm judging them. I'm just showing you how parents can still influence their kids both mentally and physically. Cause then that would change your viewpoint about me and then possibly change how I view you too, though I barely even know who you are too.

When the bell rang showing our mid-day lunch, I started collecting along with everyone else, putting everything in my brown leather messenger bag as I slung the strap on my left shoulder. Headed towards the door but only for it to be blocked by the Charmer Chicks, and yes you heard it right, the Charmer Chicks though I liked to call them the three most idiotic girls in the school.