𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒂

Start from the beginning

i should've been more prepared, i really should've.

you see, i was pretty sure, i was i either fall in love with someone and get married, or that i was going to have a wedding solely for the experience, but not marry anyone.  but here i am, nyla shafiq, writing this passage to you.

i am so greatful to alfie, my best friend alfie. ever since i met him during doucheface's first task. even here, when i got to england, bless him, he's been here for me. at this point, he's pretty much my child now. he practically lives here.

it's getting harder to control the visions now, but thank the gods i learnt occlumency and legilimency. i feel like that red eyed guy always to read into my mind. tommy? or was it marvin? ah i don't remember. same with the dumble bumble fellow.

i've had this nagging feeling recently. more so like a vision of sort, three little children playing around and this woman who oddly look like me in it. i'm guessing it's one of my descendants. possibly my grandchildren. so, i am writing this if any of you do come across this journal of mine.

let me introduce myself. hello, i am nyla. i'm the daughter of kabir and smitha avisa, now i am a shafiq and i am a proud leo. i adore swordfighting and gardening, and i love annoying my partner, zafar. i'm currently on a plot to kill the little fucker, eventhough it has been 3 months since our marriage. he's hidden all the sharps i'm afraid. put it all in one room and spelled it so that they don't leave the room. too bad he can't do anything about frying pans and potion ingredients...

if the people reading are infact my 3 grandchildren, well darlings, you're in for a royal shitshow.

"oh fucking hell, i actually like him"

"oh for fucks sake, i like her"

━━━━ nyla veda avisa wanted a normal life. was that too much to ask for? quite frankly, she hated her life. for fucks sake, she was technically a member of the royal dynasty of the avisa's. meaning she had to wear heavy gowns and equally (maybe even more) heavy jewellery. and if that wasn't enough, there were men pursuing her, in wants of marriage.

nyla loved giving people a hard time, after all, she was taught by the best (her lovely grandfather, whom she affectionately calls apoopa! ). ever since the tender age of 17, she's been getting marriage proposals left right and centre. her appa shutting them down every single time. 'appa, men aren't worth my time. they're trash.' after proposing an ingenious idea to her appa and amma, the four labours of nyla came into effect.  plus it made her life more easier. less suitors equals less stress and as a bonus, it allowed her to get creative with the labours. i mean, surely it's easy to learn telugu, learn kuchipudi in a week and to win against the palace's most esteemed kalari artist. no one's qualified to the last round, so she knew she would be in the safe zone.

living through her own self-proclaimed prophecy, her own life, her own story and her own inevitable ending, nyla always knew her life was shortlived. afterall, it was a known fact that the avisa's had shite luck and a downfall greater than the descent into hell.

yet as she comes across a certain zafar shafiq (and his best friend alphard black, and nyla's future bestie), she realises that maybe someone could pass all four labours. plus, it didn't help that nyla shafiq fucking hates his ratty moustache and his fucking guts...