13 | human puzzles

Start from the beginning

This made Y/n pause her chewing and looked away with widened eyes. "You and Bakugo don't make good spies. If you were put into one room, I doubt the two of you would come out uninjured or maybe even alive." He commented. The young genius giggled lightly having been exposed of eavesdropping in a private conversation.

"It's alright though." He dismissed, "Oddly, it felt somehow kind of nice that someone else other than my family knows about the issues going on within us."

Y/n hummed, "That's because sometimes it is better to let your feelings out and have someone there for you instead of bottling it up."

Todoroki glanced at her and his mismatched colored eyes met her e/c ones, emotions reflecting in them. At that moment, Y/n could confirm that eyes were truly the windows through one's soul. Behind his bi-colored eyes were unsaid emotions built and locked away for who knows how long.

"You should go to your mother, and tell her what you need and want to say."

Todoroki bit the inside of his cheeks, now feeling warm and at ease. "What about you? Why are you here?" He asked. Y/n blinked a few times as tons of false reasons ran through her mind, "I also visited someone." Todoroki gazed at her for a moment as if inspecting her every action looking for any indication that she was lying.

"Oh, okay." He replied, buying her lie. Y/n internally sighed in relief. "You should go home and get some rest you look tired," he added.

It was true. Y/n was exhausted both physically and mentally. Her eyes were burning, begging her to close them; she no longer had that usual lustering confidence but her tenacious demeanor still remained and if one would look painstakingly she looked rather close to being sickly.

"You're right," she groaned as she stood up, her muscles stretched from straightening her posture. "My guardian should be here soon. Happy, you met him. As you can already tell he's not really... well, happy."

Todoroki nodded his head and stood up. "I'll be going as well."

For the very first time, Y/n gave him a smile full of warmth and patted his back, guiding him towards the door of his mother's room where he previously stood. Giving him one final sultry smirk she said, "Go fix your family, pretty boy."

Todoroki watched as her figure slowly shrank as their distance widened. Growing up in a dysfunctional family isn't easy, it takes a mental and physical toll. All throughout his years growing up, Todoroki became reserved and almost constricted with emotions.

He didn't have anyone to rely on except for himself. He was told not to show any weakness and even if he was told to, Todoroki would never do such a thing given that he loathed showing even a sliver of vulnerability.

However, this time with his small encounter with the young genius, it was peculiar and quite eerie. She didn't directly say or did anything to comfort him, yet the moment that their gaze met her e/c eyes telepathically told him that she knew that he needed someone to be there for him.

A feeling of warmth bloomed inside of his chest and for the very first time in years, his lips curved into a gentle smile full of solace.

"Honestly Sero, if I want to have a laugh I'd rewatch this video of Bakugo making his hero names."

"WHAT THE FUCK PLANKTON?! YOU RECORDED IT?! I'M NOT THE ONE NAMED 'IRON WOMAN' BASIC BITCH!"

"Mine may sound basic but at least it doesn't sound like a snotty kid's username in fucking Roblox! 'King Explosion Murder' what are you five?!"

"Can you problem children shut up for a moment so we can get this over with?" Aizawa grumbled, glaring at the two bickering students. Y/n and Bakugo, along with the rest of the class who heard it, immediately quieted down out of surprise.