1

2023

Finally the inevitable happened and Mercedes announced that George Russell will be their second driver. With Lewis Hamilton gone Daniella Michaels, the one time world champion and now on her way to be a two time champion will have to team up with the guy who has openly hated her for the past two years.

“Be nice,” Toto Wolff warned Daniella as she once again complained about George. “He is just as valuable and will be part of the team as you are.”

“But I am your favourite, right?” Daniella gave a cheeky smile.

“No,” Toto lied, making Daniella frown.

“You are lying,” she said as she took her seat at the conference table.

Toto let out a laugh as he shook his head.

 Soon the room filled up and everyone took their seats.

“Only two more races to go,” Daniella whispered in Lewis' ear as Toto went on and on about the next race. “Then you will be gone.”

“I am not dying Dani, just retiring,” Lewis whispered back.

“You are leaving us so I see no difference in that.”

Ever since Lewis has announced his retirement Daniella has been trying her best to change his mind. She even went as far as to try and bribe him. And she is not looking forward to play nice with her next teammate.

***

Fireworks covered the sky as Daniella crossed the checkered flag to once again win the driver’s championship. Lewis signalled Daniella to do a donut with him as it is his last race.

“That was one hell of a race,” Lewis laughed as he and Daniella got out of their cars.

“I am going to miss you,” Daniella hugged her teammate who has become like an elder brother and mentor to her.

“Maybe I will come back after two years, just like Fernando,” Lewis joked as he hugged her back.

“You better.”

***

“Congrats Ella,” Lando awkwardly extended his hand.

“Thanks,” Daniella smiled, shaking his hand. “You had an amazing season Lando.”

“Yeah,’ he blushed. “I really didn’t expect to come third in the championship.”

“I better go,” Daniella looked at her team. “We are having a surprise party for Lewis.”

“Ohh yeah…okay,’ Lando awkwardly moved out of the way. “I will see you at home…”

Daniella stoped to look at him.

“Sorry…old habits die hard,” he gave a sad smile.

“I will see you later Lando,” Daniella quickly looked away from him as the pain of the breakup was still effect her.

*********

A/N: Race will have a different ending but other than that everything will be same