Chapter 2

Lizzy

Adam was setting up the living room with drinks and plates and chips and other kinds of junk food while I called to order pizza.

With my parents gone for a few hours for work and left me $250,I think I'm fine. Anyways,they let me invite Adam and any new employees from Crash N' Splash.

That happened with Adam and Sheldon before actually.

"Adam,I'm going to get dressed. I got wet when Vance was showing Lori around and we were at the bridge of the Log Lunge. And the log was going down so..." I say,going upstairs to change.

"Okay! I'll get the pizza!" He yells while I got upstairs.

I get dressed into a tank top that says,"BE AWESOME" and denim shorts with maroon Vans and braided my hair and got my phone and put on some EOS and put on my bow ring that Adam gave me for my 6th birthday,but was way too tiny for my little fingers.

I went downstairs to see Lori trying to kiss Adam. Adam's face looks like he wants to kiss her,but at the same time,he doesn't.

"Uhm..." I say,sitting down and grabbing a cheese pizza and turn on the TV to watch Henry Danger,where a new episode was when Henry falls in love with Monica. My favorite episode.

"Hey Lizbug!" Adam says,rushing to the seat next to me.

He calls me Lizbug when he's either scared,nervous,anxious,or mixed emotions.

"Hey Adam..." I say,looking at him weirdly while Lori sits on the white leather chair and grabs a pepperoni pizza.

"So...how is it at Crash N' Splash?" I ask Lori.

"Fine. Vance is a jerk though." She replies.

"I know right." Adam answers. "I heard that you have a boyfriend?" Lori says.

"I do?" I say. "You do?" Adam asks confused.

"No,I don't." I say facing Adam.

"Then why did Lori say-LORI!" Adam says but screams.

I quickly turn around to feel a bubbly liquid squirt into my face.

"That's for stealing Zoey in 2nd grade!" Lori yells.

She grabs a cup full of Pepsi and dumps it on my hair and yells,"That's for being friends with Adam!".

"What's wrong for being friends with me?!?" Adam yells,going in front of me so Lori would stop throwing soda at me.

Lori grips onto Adam's shirt collar and mutters,"I love you." over and over again.

Adam pushes her off and says,"And you throw soda at my best friend!"

Lori starts crying and runs off.

Well,that sucked on meeting Lori.

"I'm going to bring you somewhere. I know you will enjoy it." Adam says.

"I don't want to go anywhere. People will make fun of me smelling like soda." I say,looking down at my shoes.

"It's the secret place. Don't worry." Adam says and winks. I wink back and run back upstairs to put on some Bethany Mota perfume to at least smell partly good. I mean,it's #girlproblems.

We go walk to Adam's house because he practically lives next door.

I say hi to Gillian and stop. I then see Adam's crazy Uncle Mitch.

"Nephew!" He says,hugging Adam.

"Lizzy!" Mitch says to me then got ready to hug me but I stop him by saying,"I'm good Mitch."

He lets me call him Mitch since we're not related.

"Okay Lizzy." Mitch says and we go to the place. The place where we might or might have not have accidentally...kissed.

"So...this is where Danny dared to kiss. And we did it. And we were only in second grade." Adam reminds me.

"A lot of...stuff happened in second grade,didn't it?" I say.

Adam nods and goes inside the treehouse.

I follow and his old game station looked brand new.

"My dad installed a new one for my birthday." Adam says.

I nod slightly and sit down on the hammock.

He puts in the game:Henry Danger:The Electric Duo against The Troubling Three.

I get down and play Electric Charges while Adam plays Kid Danger.

We continue beating Bianca and Chloe,but we can never pass Kylah.

"Why does Monica's sister have to be so tough?" Adam argues,obviously annoyed.

"I know right. Her costume is on fleek though." I say.

Adam gives me a "really" look.

"What? I'm a girl,I can point out fashion stuff." I say,crossing my arms.

Adam rolls his eyes and sits next to me on the hammock. I punch his arm playfully.

I push him down,causing me to fall down too on his chest.

I look in his eyes while he looks into mine.

Our faces are inches apart until...

"LIZZY!" Mitch yells,causing Adam to fall,with me in his arms.

"What?!?" I yell,annoyed from the window.

"Your parents said you can stay overnight! They have an overnight thing to do! They left your things here! You're going back home tomorrow!" He yells.

"Okay!" I yell back and help Adam up.

He steps closer to me and says,"So,where were we?"

"Not again Adam." I say and get out of the treehouse with him following.

We went to his room and watched Henry Danger. The one where Charlotte becomes evil.

"Lizzy! Adam!" Mitch yells excitedly.

This should be exciting.

We follow his voice that leads us to the...garage?

"Hey Uncle Mitch...what do you need?" Adam asks. "Nothing,before I go to sleep,I just want to show you my tanning bed. If I become a magician,I need to look like I've been kissed by the sun!" Mitch says.

"Why?" I ask him,confused. "Have you seen Copperfield?" Mitch replies,going upstairs to sleep.

"Okay..." Adam and I say in unison.

"BOO!" A voice screams.

"AH!" Adam and I yell,Adam falling into the tanning bed!

"Adam! Adam!" I panic,trying to stop the machine.

"Lizzy,why is this spinning?!? WHY IS THIS STARTING TO SPIN?!?" Adam panics.

I finally stop the machine and Adam gets out.

"Man,Gillian scared the heck out of us." Adam says.

"I know right." I say,trying to help him go to his room.

We both get dressed and he sleeps on his bottom bunk,while I sleep on the top,where I used to sleep when we were 4.

---------------------------------

Words in this chapter:1,060 (not including this author's note)