1 | the family black

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Of course it's easy to love a family such as the Black's when you're a child, and merely seeing the world through rose coloured glasses— as Perenelle missed every wince that flashed across Andromeda's face when she laughed at how similar she found Sirius and Bellatrix, so passionate and outspoken, and she missed the flash of annoyance glaze over her father's statuesque face when her aunt Walburga joked that perhaps Bellatrix would be the closest thing to a headstrong son he would ever have.

She missed the nervous flutter in Narcissa's voice every time their parents brought up possible prospects, instead thinking of the grand weddings, and expensive dresses; she never saw any of the signs that something was off.

Until she did.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

July twenty first, nineteen-sixty eight

The ballroom of the Black Manor was bustling with people, and Perenelle couldn't help but be awestruck by the glittering fabrics surrounding her as couples danced in the centre, the wedding of Bellatrix Black to Rodolphus Lestrange well under way.

"Isn't it magical Vaud?" Perenelle sighed, her hands swishing her own dress robes back and forth as she simulated the adults in front of them.

"Mrs. Flint looks like a fairy! But- oh, Pera look over there, at Mrs. Bulstrode!" Vaudeline mused, hiding her mouth with her hand as she giggled, "Her robes are just hideous, I wonder what she did to anger her tailor!"

"—Are you two making fun of poor Mrs. Bulstrode's dress robes?"

The twins jumped at the interruption, though let out identical giggles when they saw it was only Andromeda crouched behind them,

"—Of course not!"

"—Well sort of"

"Vaudeline!" Perenelle sighed, waving her hands in defeat as her twin gave them up so easily, and Andromeda stifled a laugh.

"Sh" She whispered, her finger over her lips, "It will be our secret, I won't tell"

Their fifteen year old sister looked over her shoulder before leaning towards them,

"Though I will admit, she looks bloody horrendous— fuchsia, really? With that fabric?" And Andromeda disappeared back into the crowd of dancing elites.

After more laughs at Mrs. Bulstrode's expense, the two girls made their way back to their table— a long highly decorated strip at the front of the ballroom— nothing less for the family of the bride of course, and sat down in their identically decorated chairs.

"Do you think Gideon will ask me to dance?" Perenelle sighed, her chin resting on her hand as she leaned against the extravagant mahogany table.

"Gideon Prewett!" Vaudeline asked, a little to loud, and Perenelle frantically shushed her in response.

"Are you telling me you still fancy Gideon Prewett, I thought you were over that by Christmas!"

"I was!" Perenelle defended, "But then I saw him at the Ministry ball on New Years Eve... oh Vaud how couldn't I fan—"