Wilbur in the office

Start from the beginning

"Do you know why Tommy got in trouble?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah. Teachers got mad at him again, for something he can't control?"

Sam sighed in response and pinched the bridge of his nose. He seemed tired.

"Yeah, I was meaning to speak to you about his... they're called 'tics' am I correct?" Sam questioned.

"Yes, they happen at random, pretty often. He can't control them, but the teachers can't seem to understand that bit."

Sam nodded. "Has he been diagnosed with anything yet?"

Wilbur shook his head no, "Not yet, but I was planning on taking him to see a doctor probably next week so he could get clinically diagnosed with whatever it is that he has."

"Alright that seems good. I'll talk to the staff and see if they can be a little more understanding."

Wilbur laughed at that. "Good luck. I've already tried that, they won't listen to shit." He paused before continuing,

"I was meaning to talk to you actually... if the teachers don't listen to you about being more understanding... what do you think of maybe transferring tommy to a new school? Maybe a public school?"

Sam looked thoughtful at that suggestion. "That's a good idea, although I'm confident that my staff will listen once I have a talk with them about Tommy's struggles."

Wilbur nodded, "Alright. That sounds good. Actually, where is Tommy? I should probably get him home."

Sam smiled. "Oh yeah, he's in the waiting room."

Wilbur where was about to ask where that was, when Sam answered for him, "It's the room I came out off, when you rung the bell."

Wilbur nodded and walked over to the door. He nocked twice and the door opened, Tommy peeking his head out. "Wil?" He asked.

Wilbur smiled, and replied, "Hey Toms, you ready to go home?"

Tommy grinned, "Oh fuck yeah. Teachers were being all pissy again, for my fuckin' tics and shit. And the other kids weren't any help either, to contribute to my amazing day." He mumbled the last part under his breath.

But Wilbur heard him, and he turned towards Sam, who apparently heard him as well, he looked pretty concerned. Neither of them mentioned it though. One problem at a time.

Sam still frowned a the first comment though. "Yes I'll speak to them about that when you guys leave."

"Alright. Bye Sam!" And with that Tommy skipped over to the door and went through.

Sam waved at him, even though he was already through the door, which was gently swinging shut again.

"He seems to really like you." Wilbur said, turning towards Sam, smiling.

Sam smiled back and nodded, "Yeah I think so. I like him to. He's a good kid, just got some issues."

Wilbur nodded back. "Yep. But hopefully that'll all be resolved soon."

"Have you heard any of the other kids say anything about him? Any bullying?" Wilbur figured this was a good time to mention what he had heard earlier, he was about to leave anyway.

Sam grimaced, "Just the normal things that they would say to anyone, like 'oooh Tommy got in trouble againnnn' and shit." Sam put on a fake voice for the impression of the students, which Wilbur thought was actually pretty funny.

"Nothing else? Any physical things?" Wilbur questioned again.

"Not that I've seen." Sam looked thoughtful. "I could ask the hall monitors though, they might know something I don't. Tommy seems to talk to one in specific pretty often, I think his name is Karl or something. He's pretty nice, he's a very bright person. I think he's a good influence on Tommy."

Wilbur nodded, "That's good, Tommy needs more of those. Could you talk to him sometime tomorrow or later today...? See if he's heard any of the other kids being mean to Toms?"

"Yeah I could probable call him in tomorrow, I'm sure he'd be happy to help. And do you think-"

Sam was interrupted by Tommy, who was poking his head through the door again, anxious to go home. "Guys? Are you almost done?"

Wilbur smiled at him and turned towards Sam again. "Is that all?"

Sam sighed and replied, "Yeah. We can email or something more later anyway, if we've forgotten anything."

Wil agreed, and with that, they finished their meeting and Wilbur and Tommy left the premise.

-------------------------------------------

Word count: 1997

Damn, almost 2000 :')

Thanks for reading <33