Page no. 3

"Soldiers patrolled everywhere, so we had to be careful. Despite our precautions, the soldiers stopped us about three miles from the sea. But, at that very moment, they were distracted by another person – a well-known general they recognised. Almost completely preoccupied with him, the soldiers paid scant attention to us. My parents made a break for it with us, and managed to board one of the last ship to Taiwan. They had left their homeland forever, on a journey to Taiwan and an uncertain future"
       My mood became sombre. That night, in bed, I wondered – how Father and Mother were able to become so well adapted to two different cultures? As I dozed off to sleep, a question kept nagging me: 'Why wasn't I more like my parents?'
      Autumn waned, and soon Christmas was on on everyone's mind. What was I to get for my grandfather? I decided on a headset, for I wanted him to you have something from the American culture. We gathered around a fire next to our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve and sang 'Silent Night'. Although Grandfather had not understood completely the holiday of Christmas, he did his best to sing along.
          The next morning, we opened our gifts with the usual excitement that accompanies Christmas morning. I was wondering what Grandfather would think of my gift.

           ----×-----×----

M sorry I know that I posted the story late...cuz I was like stressed cuz of schl homework....which got double today but it's okayy...the last page hmm  it is gonna come on Thursday....
             Till then best of luck for the ones who have exams or gonna get exams soon!....
Byieee!
      💜