─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"This is the last time I'm gonna repeat it, okay?" The gruff voice spoke through the comms. Deimos flipped on his mic with a grumble.

"Uh huh, uh huh. Listening," his gravelly voice mumbled.

"You and Sanford are gonna wait until Hank kills the power, then grab the relic, okay. You have ONE shot."

"Yeah, yeah. Like, one question though."

"Mhm."

"You said it was gonna be me AND Sanford,'' He looked around to prove a point, even though Doc couldn't see him. "So like... Where the hell is he? You better not have sent me to do this solo!" Deimos hissed into his earpiece.

"Relax. He should show up any minute now.. Now leave me alone." There was a small click afterwards, which Deimos assumed meant Doc was talking to Hank now.

"He better show up. Any longer and I swear I will-"

"...Deimos?" A smooth, buttery voice suddenly spoke up.

"Finally! What the hell took you... so long..." He trailed off, as his eyes wandered up the huge figure that was standing behind him. Oh, and it was a figure to behold.

I mean... He knew Sanford was built but... this was something else entirely. Everything about him put Deimos into a trance. Whoever tailored this suit really knew what they were doing. The narrowing of his hips was accentuated by the custom-fit. Cut to precision, bold across his wide shoulders, gentle lines around the waist and... wait, what was he thinking?

Sanford is just his best friend! Who also happens to be a good-looking guy... with really big arms, and a really nice smile, and a gentle voice...

"Deimos. Deimoooos." Sanford snapped his fingers in front of Deimos' face. "Jeez, are you high or something"

"Eh? No! You took all my shit, remember?" Deimos started to gnaw at his own fingernails in annoyance. It seemed to have become his new nervous tic after not being able to smoke as often.

"Pfft. Don't start getting all pissy on me. I'm just making sure." Sanford playfully smacked Deimos on his back. After a moment, he leaned close into the other's collar. "You have some hidden. I can smell it on you. Mints aren't really good at hiding that, you know."

"... Okay, you caught me," Deimos held up his hands. "I just had ONE though. Don't tell Doc. Please."

Well... Doc was absolutely still listening to every word he was saying, but decided now wasn't the best time to chew him out. He wasn't dense. He could clearly tell the two were having a moment.

Sanford made a motion as if he was zipping his lips and Deimos nodded as thanks.

"Everything that happens in this party stays here." For some reason, that sent a chill down Deimos's spine. "With that being said... Wanna grab a drink? We don't exactly blend in by just standing around."

"Only if you're the one paying." Deimos smirked.

"Don't believe for a second that I'm letting you have as much as last time we went drinking." Deimos could see the serious squint behind Sanford's shades.

"Fair enough." Deimos picked up his pace, heading over to the bar, while Sanford followed along. As he did so, he finally got the opportunity to really analyze the smoker's appearance.

To put it simply... Deimos was the perfect mix of cute and handsome.

Seeing him out of his usual baggy jacket and oversized thrifted shirt reminded Sanford that Deimos was thin, but still had a muscular build. His short fluffy hair was actually fixed for once, which was a rare occurrence. Sanford examined the multiple piercings along his nose and one through his septum. His snake bites accentuated his usual smile. He then noticed the black two-tailed tuxedo brought something new out of Deimos; a self-respecting pride and confidence that had been wishing to surface for so long.