Arnav turned around and smiled thinly at Suraj. He looked extra traditional today in a red sherwani. There was gold work all over the collar and neckline which dipped in a deep v. He could have shown off his chest to woo the girls but Saint Suraj had chosen to cover himself up with a red silk scarf. It was probably the latest style in ethnic fashions.

As Khushi came out ready to go to the wedding, Suraj said politely, 'I will see you at the wedding Arnavji.'

As Arnav watched them leave, he thought about Khushi's question ----what are you doing here? His memories went back ------

**

2 Days ago, London, UK

Arnav paced about in his hotel room thinking about Khushi. He missed her. He missed her food, her chatter, the khan-khan of her bangles, the tinkling of her payal. He had forgotten his medications yesterday as he was used to her reminding him every day. He couldn't sleep at night as he missed having her in his arms while he slept. He missed her like hell!

He thought about her outburst a few days ago. She had been upset with him even before the dinner. He had been so stressed out with the new project that he had no idea what had upset her. Then at dinner it had not helped that Saint Suraj had driven him up the wall with all his insinuations about being kind and understanding. He knew he shouldn't have offended Khushi like that by saying personal things in front of others. But why hadn't she confronted him about that? Instead she had hurled unrelated accusations.....All they want is a woman's body! .....Nothing else matters to them.....

Her words had a striking similarity to Shyam's words ------

I have no doubt why he wants you --- your exquisite beauty tempts his rather jaded appetite ----- but when the bloom's worn off he'll discard you like a broken toy and never give you another thought.

Was she still letting Shyam's words get to her like that? Had he ever given her such a vibe? He had stayed with her in Lucknow and had tried his best to prove to her that they were compatible. He had behaved like a normal husband, supporting her in whatever she wanted to do. It was a physical torture to have her that close and not be able to touch her. But he had made a conscious effort to stay away from her ......well almost. There was that passionate kiss they had shared in the kitchen. He knew that she was not averse to him from the way her body had responded to his touch. Then what had happened on the night of the movie?

She had been crying. Had he really behaved like a cad when he had tried to kiss her? Was she expecting him to hold her, talk to her --- comfort her? Guilt gnawed at him. Was she expecting words of love?

Once again Shyam's words came back to haunt him ----

So much love for someone who will never love you back? Arnav isn't capable of love. I have seen him move from one woman to the other ----- not one has ever touched his heart.

Shyam was wrong! Khushi had touched his heart. He remembered the words Anjali told him when Shyam's truth had come out -----

The fact is that we are both the way we are because of our disturbed childhood. You were the most closest to mama and so you couldn't get over what happened to her. You decided then that you would never allow anyone to hurt you like that.......

You had to grow up overnight shouldering responsibilities, normally an adult would have and in this process, you built a wall around yourself, which no one could penetrate, sometimes not even me. But she managed it somehow, didn't she?'

Yes, Khushi had penetrated through the walls and had embedded herself into his very being. Now, it was time for him to bring down those walls and prove that Shyam was wrong.....