Chapter Sixty Four

Start from the beginning

"That's exactly my point, Sar. I did my fair share of work today." I explain, grabbing my things on a near by chair.

"Reschedule it for first thing tomorrow morning. I promise I'll be here. Mom duties calls!" I wave bye to her as she rubs her forehead.

I am handful, but she knows I have a little baby at home and a husband to attend. She needs to understand.

I grab a cab back to the house since Sara was the one who picked me up today. And Happy is driving around Tom who's promoting his new Spider-Man movie.

"Right here is fine, thank you sir." I hand the man $40.

"Have a nice day ma'am." He waves bye as i close the door and step up the front stairs to the house I shared with my Chrissy.

I was so excited to see my baby and Chris. I couldn't wait to see sienna and the big smile she does whenever she sees me.

I unlock the front door with my house keys, setting all my things at the nearby table.

"My loves? I'm home."

Dodger was the first one to greet me. I giggled as he licked all over me and jumped, wagging his tail happily.

"Where's that dad of yours, bubs?" I ask him, taking my heels off and setting them on the mat Chris and I had by the front door.

I walk further into the house seeing Sienna toys literally all over.

"Baby?" I call for Chris.

I hear heavy steps behind me, approaching fast and then a giggle that sounded like Sienna's giggles.

I turn to find Chris's face looking paler than usual, white as a ghost.

"Hey." I wiggle my brow, he's still acting weird.

"Uh, I-I, y-your—"

I don't pay attention to his stuttering, as I reach for Nena who's making squeaking noises.

"Mama!"

"Hi my angel!" I take her from being in Chris's arms. She's still in her bathing suit and bucket hat, so is Chris.

"Baby, um, can we talk?" Chris tugs on my elbow.

"What's wrong, handsome?" I cradle Sienna's head into my shoulder as I pay attention to my husband.

"Well, sienna and I, we were, uh, just out by the pool," he takes a big breath, "and we had a visitor...." He sighs again, looking at me in the eye.

I tilt my head, "who Nikki? She said she was going to be stopping by today."

"No, uh, no it wasn't Nikki." He responded fast.

"Then who was it?"

Sienna was mumbling some baby nonsense into my ear as she tried to grab my eye, my nose...

When I hear hells clicking down my hallway, behind me.

Chris straightens, looking at whoever was behind me.

I furrow my brows and turn to see who he was looking at.

"Y/n."

My mom approaches me and I step back quickly, bumping into Chris's chest.

"W-what, what is she doing here?" I turn again to face Chris.

"Y/n, honey, I came to apologize. And to meet my beautiful granddaughter."

I close my eyes and try to calm down. My mom was the last person I wanted to see, as far as I knew they didn't exist to me, my mom or dad.

"Get out." I reply.