Freedom

Humanity wasn't a quality the Celestial Dragons possessed. Many cursed for their cruelty but none would say it aloud. They saw themselves as an entire other race compared to the citizens below their feet. It had been going on for generations and while there had been plans to upset the balance of power no one came close. However, there was once a man who gave up this power but, in the end, it only resulted in death before creating a monster. He was an outlier to the Dragons although now another had come to a realization about his own life.

"You're free to go"

Donquixote Mjosgard, a man once blinded and fueled by lies now stood before those he has enslaved over the years. No one dared to look in the eyes however the man in question only repeated what was previously said before leaving the room. Even if no one had looked at him the feeling of pain and fear was too much. Mjosgard needed to collect himself in the hallway although made no attempt to re-enter the room as the sound of metal falling to the ground filled his ears. They would be led to an awaiting ship where'd they would be returned to once they came but there was still one slave that needed to be granted her freedom.

She was waiting within his personal chambers and he alone held the key to her freedom. "Saint Mjosgard! Do you believe it is wise to release the slaves? I do not mean to question what you ordered but your father will surely be made aware of this" The guard was correct the male's father would question although that wasn't important right now. Mjosgard could deal with his father but if he continued to keep these people enslaved it would only bring more pain. It had already been difficult to sleep at night. The moment he closed his eyes the memories of what he did to them would only surface.

Even now hearing that word caused the hair to stand on its end before Mjosgard needed to turn his gaze to the floor. "Don't use that word" The guard had been confused by this although this whole situation was strange due to what Mjogard was. Celestial Dragons didn't release their slaves as that would show the world had mercy. They weren't capable of such a thing and even if they were to release them the fate of a slave would only to be thrown from the Red Line as others listened to the screams dim to nothingness. "W-What word Saint Mjosgard?"

"Slave" Again the guard was confused although during the last few months he had noticed the change from his master regarding the treatment of them. "W-Why?" He never thought to bring it up before although this behavior was too out of place to ignore any longer. "They're people and they shouldn't have been subjected to this... When they are all on board the ship make sure to return them to their islands. That is all" Mjogard had already started to leave the hallway as he still had business to handle before the end of the day. "U-Understood Saint Mjosgard"

His personal chambers rested in an empty part of the mansion although that was by choice as before the days were often spent torturing those under him. Their screams would continue throughout the night so to avoid hearing them he made sure to reside just out of earshot. However, his chambers weren't any better as the girl that was forced to reside there didn't escape the days unharmed and would often whimper throughout the night. That would only result in more punishments from the man. None of them were deserved but Mjosgard was too blind to see until a few months ago.

Fish-Man Island changed him for the better but even after returning home from the ordeal it still time for the changes to settle. He couldn't make up for the physical and emotional scars he left in this world although perhaps it wasn't too late to make things right. The others would be gone by noon however there was still her who needed to leave. Mjosgard had taken her years ago but he knew there was nowhere for the girl to return to. The island where she once resided was left in ruins as a result of them trying to stand between him getting to her.

Her life would need to begin again but Mjosgard fully intended to make sure the girl was alright before leaving her on an island. It still wouldn't make up for what he did although at least it was a start. Mjosgard's personal chamber door was left unlocked however before he reached for the handle the sound of singing reached his ears. Her voice was lovely unfortunately over the years he had given the order that put an end to that. That never stopped her from sneaking in a note or two when she thought no one was listening.