A Pike Place

Imma apologize for all the Starbucks stuff in this chapter. and yes, people are this obnoxious when ordering drinks. Especially with their "dairy" allergies then demand extra whip.

"Hey Cole!" My boss yelled after me. "Don't call me Cole" I mumble as I entered and walked into the back of the store to get my apron on, late as usual. Look Tobias is nice and all but he is kinda creepy and always tries to flirt with me. I try to keep our conversations to a minimum. I clock in and walk on floor, grabbing a shift headset and walking to the register right as 6 popular girls from school come in. "kill me now" I groined.

"hi welcome to Purgatory Starbucks, how are y'all today?" I asked in my fake customer service voice and a pained smile. 

"Venti Caramel Ribbon Crunch, extra whip, almond milk, upside down, triple blended." Amy, captain of the cheerleading squad demanded. "and be careful, I have a dairy allergy, and if you mix dairy in it, I will die"

"Our whip cream has dairy, its made from heavy cream...." I started before getting interrupted. 

"I didn't ask you to think, just take my order." she snapped.

"well okay then" I mumbled entering the drink exactly how she said. "anything else for you today?"

She stepped back before Claira stepped forward. "Mocha cookie crumble, extra whip, extra drizzle, extra crumble, double blended with oat milk, triple shot, caramel drizzle and the crunchy things that are on top of the ribbon crunch."

"Of course, and what size would you like that as?" I asked knowing she's going to bitch about something like always.

She signed obnoxiously loud and rolled her eyes. "I already said it. A tall. Don't you ever listen?" she said harshly.

"Okay, so a tall mocha cookie crumble with extra whip, extra mocha drizzle, extra crumble, caramel drizzle, crunch topping, triple shot, oat milk and double blended. Anything else?"

"I want the extra in a venti cup."

"I apologize, but we are not al..."

"I don't care, I want all my drink. you guys aren't going to screw me and only give me half."

Fuck I hate these bitches so much. "I'm sorry bu..."

The girl slammed her phone on the counter and raised her voice. "I want the extra in a venti cup!"

Whatever, I don't care, whatever to get her away from me. "Yes ma'am" I typed it in. "Anything else for you guys today?"

Patricia scoffed. "You're going to act like they are the only ones ordering on this bill!?" She said before placing her order. "I need a venti hot chocolate with 3 shots of blonde espresso and almond milk, no whip unless you want to kill me from dairy" 

"Ma'am, our mocha has dairy, It's a chocolate based item." I said trying not to fling myself over the counter.

"Okay? And? Type in my drink"

I typed in her drink exactly how she asked. "A hot chocolate with 3 shots of blonde espresso and almond milk with no whip. Anything else for y'all today?"

Samantha, captain of the basketball and rowing team and my childhood bully walks up. "I need a trenta iced coffee with 6 pumps vanilla, a splash of heavy cream and light ice." She demanded. 

"Did you still want the classic in that?"

"Obviously!"

"Okay. Anything else?" I said trying to calm down a little. Fuck I hate this job sometimes.

Megan walks up. "Listen very carefully because I'm only saying this once. I want a short chai tea latte. 9 pumps of chai, heated to 185 degrees, extra whip cream, cinnamon powder, in a venti cup."

"Of course, anything else?"

The last girl walks over. Waverly Earp, co-captain of the cheerleading team, dance team and the newspaper club. "I'll have a Venti Pike Place with a bit of half and half please." She said with a smile apology smile.

I nod as I type in the order. "Anything else for y'all?"

Amy walked back up the counter and demanded. "I need 3 sausage cheddar and egg sandwiches, a double-smoked bacon cheddar and egg sandwich, 3 Iced Lemon Loaves, and 2 birthday cake pops."

"Okay anything else for y'all?"

"Thats it dumbass." Amy snapped.

"Well okay then. That will be $72.27 for everything. Will that cash, card, or the Starbucks app?"

"Cash" She said before chuckling and dumping a ton of coins onto the counter. 

What the fuck! No! I'm not doing this. I start to count the coins. A couple of minutes later I finish. "Okay, that was $52.61. The remaining balance is $19.66. How would you like to pay the rest?" I ask looking up, not seeing anyone except Waverly. "Great."

She handed me her card. "I'm so sorry."

"Yeah, whatever Waverly, you're just as bad as they are right now" I mumble handing back her card. "The drinks will be ready at the end of the bar." I say before walking away to the bar. I start making the drinks, following the stickers very carefully to ensure I make the drinks correctly. When the first 2 drinks are done, I call them out and put them on the handout plane. I start working the next few drinks, finishing the hot chocolate and iced coffee and handing them out. I start working on the chai, making sure it is heated up to the proper temperature and handed it out, lastly I worked on the Pike before handing it out. Megan threw her cup at me, the hot liquid splashing all over me. 

"Shit!" I yelled getting burned and clutching my burnt hand. I walked off the floor and into the back, I filled the sink in the back and stuck my hand into the cool water. "Bitches fucking suck. I fucking hate them all." I mumble to myself. I heard someone walking into the back. "Not now Tobias. Go the fuck away" I mumble grabbing a scope of ice and dumping it into the water. 

"It's not him. Are you okay Cole?"