05.

It was the next morning and Clara opened her eyes sleepily. Today was Sunday and she had a great night's sleep. Clara sat up in bed. She had slept in Rose's room last night. Rose had a small room because she never actually went to London, but Colin and Scarlett thought it was important that she had a room. If she ever came along, she always had a bed to sleep in.

Clara checked her phone and saw that it was already ten o'clock. She got out of bed. Her bare feet touched the cold ground and she shivered. She was wearing Scarlett's pajamas. Scarlett wasn't much taller than her so the pajamas fit perfectly.

Clara took her own clothes from the chair and changed. Scarlett's ointment had helped a lot last night. Her back was much less painful than before. After Clara had changed, she left the bedroom and entered the living room. Colin was sitting on the couch drinking a cup of coffee.

'Good morning!' he shouted cheerfully when he noticed Clara. 'Good morning.' said Clara. She sat down on the chair. 'Did you sleep well?' Colin asked interested. "Yes, Rose's bed was fine." Clara replied. 'Happy! I'm glad I just bought Rose a new bed or you wouldn't even have fit in it.' Colin chuckled.

"Hey, you're already awake." Scarlett walked into the living room. "Just recently." Clara replied. 'How's your back?' asked Scarlett. 'Better than yesterday. I've been able to sleep much better.' Clara replied. 'Happy! That's good to hear. I hope you don't mind, but I told Colin about the situation at the orphanage.' said Scarlett. 'That's okay.' Clara replied. She looked at Colin and he smiled at her.

'Do you want to eat something?' asked Scarlett. 'No thanks. I never have breakfast.' said Clara. 'Never? That's really bad for you. Breakfast is the most important food of the day.' said Scarlett. Clara shrugged. "Still, I always skip it."

'Not today. We always have breakfast. Do you like eggs?' asked Scarlett. 'Yes of course.' Clara replied. "Okay, then I'm going to fry an egg. Colin, do you want too?' asked Scarlett. 'Yes Nice.' Colin nodded. Scarlett went to the kitchen and Clara was left alone with Colin.

'What are you doing?' Clara asked. Colin was busy on his phone. "Playing chess." Colin turned his phone over. "Can you play chess?" Clara asked in surprise. Colin nodded. "I used to do that a lot with my father." he told. 'I can play chess too. I once had to learn that for a school assignment.' said Clara. 'Real?' Colin looked at her enthusiastically. Clara nodded. 'I'm not very good at it, but I think it's a fun game.'

"Would you like to play a game of chess?" asked Colin. "Um yes that's good." Clara replied. Colin got up and took out a chessboard and the chess pieces from the cupboard. He set it down on the table and Clara sat across from him. Together they set everything up and then they started.

They were very evenly matched and it was an exciting game. Colin and Clara were both very concentrated until Scarlett suddenly walked into the living room.

'Diner is ready!' Scarlett walked into the room with two plates. "What are you doing now?" Surprised, Scarlett put the two plates on the table. Concentrated, Colin shifted one of his chess pieces. "Shall we take a break and then we can have dinner." Clara suggested. 'Yes that's OK.' Colin replied.

They put the chess game aside and then the three of them had breakfast. Over dinner Colin talked about his work. Clara listened with interest to his stories. She didn't know Colin very well but she liked hearing more about him this way.

After Colin was finished, Colin and Scarlett wanted to know more about Clara. Clara told them about school and life in an orphanage. She could tell that Scarlett and Colin were both very curious and struggling to contain themselves.

She understood the interest. There were many stories about orphanages. How bad it was that all the children were pathetic but the nice stories were never told. For example, last year it was arranged that they could go to the zoo with all the children. You didn't hear anyone talk about things like that. It was always negative.

"Colin and I wanted to discuss something with you." Scarlett said after Clara was finished. 'Oh.' Clara looked curiously at Colin and Scarlett. "Colin and I talked a lot last night and this morning and we wondered how would you like it if we adopted you?"

Clara's mouth dropped open. The one and only Scarlett Johansson and Colin Jost wanted to adopt her. She couldn't believe it. "Do you like that?" asked Colin. Clara nodded. 'Are you sure? You haven't known me for a day.' Suddenly Clara began to doubt herself. Soon she wasn't good enough or she wasn't the person they thought she was.

"Clara, we wouldn't ask if we didn't want to. We would love for you to come live with us.' said Scarlett. Clara got a big smile on her face. This was a dream come true.