Finding Daddy || 02

Start from the beginning

the boy jumps down from the bed, bringing his father's ipad from the desk, telling the system assistant to play his favourite rhymes. a smile plays on his lips and aera cheers, placing her hands above her head as old mc'donald starts playing. jungkook sings along, swaying to the rhythm of his nursery rhyme and doing his favorite dance.

"aera's ready to play now." taehyung cooes, letting the toddler stand on the floor, dressed in her yellow summer dress that has her diaper-stuffed underwear showing from the back when she bends or crouches down, making her look adorable to another extent.

"uncle, help." jungkook stands in front of taehyung showing the button of his denim shorts, which the elder buttons up quickly and fixes his clothes, making him look like a handsome good boy. "done!"

"done!" aera repeats, clapping her hands, "koo riri same!" she gasps, pointing at jungkook's yellow t-shirt.

"hmm kookie is riri's brother, so they're matching." taehyung chuckles, "what color is this?"

"wed!"

"no, it's yellow!" jungkook answers quickly.

"right, it's yellow. this is red." taehyung says, pointing at the bag of baby products for aera.

"wed," the baby nods, "i'llow"

"yellow" jungkook says.

"lllow"

"ye-llow"

"wed!" aera laughs, turning around and runs out of the room, glancing back to see if jungkook is coming after her to catch her or not.

taehyung chuckles at them, shaking his head as he glances at his phone, 11:45 am. he sighs deeply, deciding to cook for their lunch and then probably have a nice nap once the two babies are asleep. good thing being he had taken a shower earlier before coming when he recieved a call from jimin early in the morning, informing about a sudden meeting as the clients from france who were supposed to come next week, showed up today and wanted to close the deal as soon as possible.

being aware of the work-and-home situation grinding jimin in between ever since the first pregnancy of his (now) ex wife was announced, and also being a kind best friend, taehyung offered to babysit the kids for the day, assuring jimin that it would be fine and they'll have a lot of fun.

the boys have known jungkook and aera ever since the day they came into this world. from being a support to jimin while he learnt how to be a good father, to being crazy uncles to the kids, who would do anything just to see the two little ones smiling. their get-togethers were always fun, until aera was six months old, that jimin found out the woman he called his wife was cheating on him with some other man who apparently didn't feed her hunger for money.

he was mad. furious kind of mad. anyone would be. within the next two days he confronted her right away with his lawyer, having the divorce papers signed and the custody of his kids with himself, not wanting to leave them with a woman who probably doesn't even care about them and is more interested in venturing out the fun in her life. ayeong cried that day on walking out of the house, leaving all the luxuries and money behind to her broke boyfriend who was found to be arrested later in an issue of gambling or something like that.

the initial days were hard for jimin, getting himself to believe that the person he fell for wasn't worth his love and efforts. when he thought he was breaking, he used to watch his kids, the three year old jungkook who'd always smile and run to hug him when he returned home after work. aera learnt to walk with him, holding his hands; started speaking, every time jungkook would say "daddy", she would laugh happily and repeat the same, their voice coated with playfulness and love, eyes holding galaxies full of trust for their father, for jimin who found a reason to smile again in his kids.