Girls night

Rule number one of girls night: no boys allowed.

The only exception to that rule was if the boy or non binary human was 'one of the girls'. So close to the group that the rule became nullified. That was a rare occurrence. But it seemed due to case circumstances, that rule would be bent a little.

You and Misa being the only girls in the building meant you stuck together despite being on opposite teams. She was a suspect and you were a detective, but you could put those differences aside when it came to being the only girls in the damn man cave that was taskforce. So when you decided to start having girls nights, you put in the request to turn the cameras in Misas room off for privacy. And of course, it was denied. Even though you were a detective and would be watching her anyway, L said it was still to risky knowing the second Kira only needed a face to kill.

But you weren't giving up on girls night that easily. After some compromising and pushing around, there was a solution made.

L would join girls night to watch. Sure it went against the one rule of girls night since he definitely wasn't a girl, but you and Misa figured it wouldn't be that bad.

What was he going to do? Sit there and work on his laptop the whole time? Probably.

Even with his big shiny title of worlds greatest detective, L was pretty harmless when it came to these things.

And that's how he found himself up on the sofa of Misas room on his laptop while you and Misa sat around the kotatsu in your pyjamas giggling at stupid stuff like it was a high school sleepover.

"I'm serious my school was way worse" you said.

"No way. I had to wear these stupid little ties that didn't match the blazer and the skirts whet down to the floor. It was a fashion disaster" Misa replied.

"Ok that's bad, but you know what my schools gym uniform was? ORANGE. Bring ass orange with these stupid reflective stripes. We looked like damn construction workers in high vis jackets"

"Yikes. What on earth made the principal think that was a good idea?"

"No idea. Even worse was it was a light colour so god forbid you sweat or spill water or something because it went completely see through"

"Oh god- no thank you"

Your chat about the dress codes and uniforms in your old schools didn't particularly interest L as he worked on the other side of the room. The marshmallows you and Misa had on the table did though.

"Riveting conversation, but may I interrupt for a marshmallow?"

The two of you playfully rolled your eyes knowing he'd ask for one eventually. You grabbed a handful and passed it to him, he happily took them and stuffed one in his mouth.

"Eves-dropping are we?" You teased.

"No, it's just rather impossible to listen to anything else when all you can hear is the two of you talking about uniforms at a volume above room level" L replied.

"He's just wondering if we looked cute in your uniforms" Misa teased.

"N-no, I'm not. I'm sure you did despite the fashion disaster that was your uniforms but I'm too focused on solving this damn case to think about anything else"

He sighed pushing his laptop aside and getting up.

"Don't kill each other, I'm getting tea" he said, leaving the two of you momentarily to get his beloved overly sweet tea.

You both watched as he left and closed the door behind him. And seemingly on the same wavelength, the two of you got up and scrambled over to his laptop to take a look.