"Yes," he replied, not sparing her a glance. "Can I retire this early? I don't feel well and I also don't wish to be around people with their condolences."

"Of course. I will be with your mother if you need me. Take a rest, Arwin. You need it."

Arwin wondered how she could be this caring and yet go behind his back by kissing another man. He wasn't able to confront her, he hasn't found the time with everything going on. Soon.

The prince pulled his wife closer to him, resting a hand on her cheek before his lips touched hers. Calista let out a small gasp. She was surprised at the sudden interaction with her wide eyes. She did not pull away though, as he gently nibbled on her lips. Her hand went to his hair, tugging it as his other hand securely wrapped around her waist. After a moment that seemed like hours, Arwin pulled away. "I will. See you later, bellísima."

Calista stood speechless. She couldn't believe it. They kissed. Voluntarily. She could still feel his lips, it was somehow addicting. Realizing she probably looked ridiculous in the middle of the hallway, she went to the powder room to refreshen. Her hair was fine but her lips...it was swollen. Damn him.

She contemplated heading to the reception hall, but she gave her word to Arwin. Being there would be one less problem for him to worry about. Besides, this was her chance to speak with countless nobles and earn their respect.

Head held high, chin up, and with the proper posture, Calista headed out of the powder room. She arrived just in time to see guests on their way to the buffet areas. She spotted Lady Valoma Khione and Lady Samantha Salvador huddled in a corner speaking distinctively.

"Ladies," Valoma was the first one to spot her. She was about to lower her head but the princess shook hers, "Please, you don't need to do that."

"Well, I am simply showing respect to my Crown Princess. She deserves every bit of it," she replied. "Her Highness has gotten rather busy these past weeks. Does she have time for her friends?"

Calista knew she was attempting to lighten the mood but Verona was right and this bothered her. Ever since being pulled into royal life, she barely had the opportunity to visit her two friends. She hasn't visited the Halvorsen Manor, either.

"I apologize about that. Being a royal has been challenging. It isn't easy. I barely have the time to visit my father." Not that he has made an effort to visit me.

"We know, we know. We've missed you. Going to events without you does not feel right. But of course, we understand the situation, Calista. Oh! Are we even allowed to call you by your first name?" Samantha asked, "If not, I'd be screwed."

"It's fine. Calista would be better than Your Highness."

"Well, Your Highness, it looks like a certain prince — a king, rather — has been occasionally turning his head in our direction for the past three minutes. I know too well the person he's looking for." the glimmer in Valoma's eyes was enough for her to know who the male was. The Havia royal family was in attendance, after all, sending their deepest condolences.

"It was nice catching up with you all. I hope for us to spend time together soon, preferably after my husband's coronation." her soft but endearing voice cut out, "Now if you'll excuse me, Lady Valoma and Lady Samantha. I must attend to other guests."

"Of course, Your Highness."

It didn't take long to notice the Dowager Queen, speaking with the Duke and Duchess of Halvorsen. Catching up with her in-laws. Lilith was the first one to speak, "Calista, come join us. Where's Arwin?"

"He does not feel well, Mother. He's currently resting. I've sent someone to check up on him." Calista's eyes moved to her father, expecting a reaction to her calling the Queen, mother. There weren't any. "Hello, Father. Ma."