father and the archangels

beomgyu never would have thought that he would be  directly called into the House of Divine, but there he was. standing in front of the gates where almighty calls home.

he reached out his now shaking hands to open the gate, you could see the obvious expression of nervousness on his face. He didn't even notice that he'd already step foot into the House of Divine.

he walks through the long pathway that leads to the entrance of the house, which looked more like a palace if you asked him.

now, behind the door where his superior archangel michael and the father are waiting for him. his hands felt clammy, his heart rate sped up skipping a beat every so often. oh did beomgyu wish he could turn around and run the other direction back to his comfortable bed.

oh well, too late.

"beomgyu, we know you're behind the door. you may enter now." called a soft and gentle voice from the other side of the door, scaring the angel a little.

the long haired angel slowly turned the door knob, opening the door and meeting the eyes of michael and god the father. along with what looked like the rest of the archangels, raphael, uriel and gabriel.

beomgyu bows to greet them.

"father, i'm here as you've requested." he speaks, with a tinge of fear in his voice. somehow managing to not stutter.

"we called you here today to discuss something with you," many thoughts were racing through beomgyu's mind right now. had he done something wrong and offended his creator? the angel has really no clue.

"so about your traineeship, you do know the training period is about 110-120 years right?" he continued, while beomgyu nods his head in response, expecting god to continue but a different voice spoke this time.

"so! the 4 of us archangels and father think that you're matured and ready enough to be sent down to earth to watch over a human!" gabriel, the youngest of the 4 interrupted. it was silent for a moment, only because beomgyu was in a state of shock.

him? ready to be sent down to earth to care and watch over his first human? damn he had been waiting for this day.

the moment of silence didn't stop michael from saying anything though, and then beomgyu was brought back from his thoughts.

"gabriel! do not interrupt father like that—"

"shut it michael it was going to slow! you have to get straight to the good news!"

uriel and raphael had an emotionless, almost disappointed look on their faces as if it was nothing new to them. beomgyu deciphers that this probably happens almost everyday.

michael rolls his eyes and flicks gabriel on the forehead. the younger was about to yell, but raphael shot him a glare.

"ignore them. as gabriel was saying we think you are ready to care for a human." the man with the white beard gives beomgyu a soft smile.

"thank you father, it is a great honour." the angel says and bows.

then a projector projects a video of boy.

"we actually already have a human for you.. his name is kang taehyun, he's a 19 year old college student. struggling to pay his tuition fees and has been working at a cafe for the past year. his parents unfortunately passed when he was just 7 years old and was brought up by his grandmother who passed just a year ago. oh and he's been having some suicidal thoughts lately.. so your job is to care and protect him from doing anything that would cost his life. you have to tell him you're his guardian angel and you know the rules so don't try anything funny. are we clear?" raphael asks with the utmost seriousness in his voice.

beomgyu tries processing this piece of new information given to him, but he had his questions too.

"uh does this mean.. i have to attend college too, to serve as a 24 hour watch?" he asked, he had so many questions.

"yes, but don't worry that has been taken care of by one of the angels. just worry about the things you have to adjust to once you're on earth, like learning to dress in proper clothing and not the robes we have now. everything else you need to know is in the your angel handbook."

"any further questions?" uriel adds on.

beomgyu shakes his head, "angel beomgyu you are dismissed, you start tomorrow please get some rest."