Frozen in time

Lexa

"What does it matter if I cannot return to Wonkru territory?" I asked skeptically.

Bekka kept her hand stretched out with a thin cloth in her palm. "It's only a precaution so you can't find your way back and tell Blodreina what you saw here" she said.

"I would not tell Octavia any of Freya's secrets" I told her. What Freya made with Trikovakru was in spite of Octavia and her people. Right now my only focus is to get to Freya. But I also am curious to see how she lived. "Fine, give it to me and take me the rest of the way to her territory" I sighed pushing down my instinct that was against the blindfold.

Loosely wrapping the cloth over my eyes I felt my nerves pick up. It's only for a few minutes and then I can take it off. A slight breeze wafted over my face and I assume she was waving her handing near my eyes to tell if I could see. "Take my hand" she said already picking mine up. I didn't hold onto hers even though it felt nice to touch her. In the back of my mind I was reminded that it wasn't Freya choosing to hold my hand. Some day it would be though.

I followed her through a few more twists and turns of the ceiling. Then I had to climb over some sort of barrier and directly after duck over a low spot. "Is this the route everyone takes" I asked curiously.

"No but if you do try to sneak back to Wonkru good luck finding your way back" she said it like it was a joke but her tone remained neutral. She was really concerned about this idea that I will go running back to Wonkru.

As we came to a stop I told her, "I will be on whatever side Freya is."

The blindfold was yanked off my eyes to drop around my neck. "Good then we're here" Bekka said. She turned around and removed a large vent cover from the wall. Next she stepped through.

I eyed the vent cover that was leaning next to the hole. "A Vent?" I questioned.

"Best you way to get in and out of the ceilings" she popped her head through the hole to say.

Grabbing either side of the hole in the wall I stepped through onto a makeshift platform. I followed Bekka's lead in how to get down. She knocked on the door twice paused then once more. A slot had been cut into the door where it could be opened a few inches to see who was knocking. The hazel eyes of an older woman appeared on the other side of the slot. "Pramheda, you're back" is all she said. After the sound of two locks being unlocked the door opened.

Bekka waved for me to come with but fell into a whispered conversation with the older woman. I didn't bother trying to listen in on what they were saying. I was too distracted by examining these new surroundings. At the end of the short hall was another door like the one we previously came through except this one looks like it had been purposely put there. The older woman took a key from her pocket and unlocked it instead of knocking.

On the other side of the door I noticed a larger room. Bekka waited for me to fall into step with her while the older woman stayed in the section of hallway. The room was lined with tables like it was a mess hall of some kind. "This is where we gather for meals" Bekka said. I nodded silently. She lead me across the room to another door, it was the only non-barricaded door. She knocked once and opened it.

It's clear that Trikovakru is more secure than Wonkru. There everyone seemed to wonder any place they wanted. But from what I can see here it's sectioned off, most likely for protection if they were ever under attack. It was the same tactic as building walls around a village. Bekka continued and nodded to people as she passed. At the sight of me some looked confused as if their eyes were playing tricks on them. Mainly it was people that once belonged to Trikru.

Walls were torn down turning what use to be a hallway into an open area. Every single person was working on one thing or another. Several were chipping away at chunks of concrete to turn them into something useful like arrow heads. I saw some people meaning clothing and armor also.