Falling asleep in her arms, as she fell asleep in his. Bliss.

Years passed, Tsumiki grew up little by little and is going to elementary school. Her little brother is almost four years old and gnawing on his spoon.

"You're supposed to eat the apple sauce, not the spoon, Gumi." (Y/N) told the toddler, her legs tucked under the coffee table they both sat at.

Megumi spoke with the spoon still in his mouth, "I know, it feels funny in my mouf."

She could only laugh, fast little footsteps rushed down the hallway.

"Slow down, you'll trip!" (Y/N) called after her eldest who was frantically gathering her things for school.

Tsumiki wore a pink suspender dress with short sleeves, her bright red back back thrown by the entryway. She had both (Y/N) and Megumi's attention as she dashed back and forth getting her books and shoving them into her bag.

"Your lunch is in the fridge, the blue one!" she called out to her daughter, Megumi tugging on her arm.

"Mama, I want a bento too! Can I have a bento too?"

Tsumiki yelled out a thanks before running out the door. (Y/N) was used to Tsumiki running out the apartment like that, so she always packed extra lunch inside her bento.

"Mama! I wanna bento too!" Megumi yelled out again, the spoon once in his mouth gone.

(Y/N) looked back at him, "Yes yes, I'll get you a bento when it's lunchtime, okay?"

Megumi wasn't as big of an eater as his sister was, he was a lot more frail and shy. He didn't eat a lot as a baby, nights wasted with nothing but his cries.

He was the first real baby (Y/N) had ever handled, she didn't have money for any parenting classes nor did Toji ever provide her with any insight (not that he had any). (Y/N) was constantly paranoid about his health.

"Mamaaa! Stop spacing out!" Megumi exclaimed once more, shaking her again.

(Y/N) furrowed her brows a little, "That hurts, don't do it so hard, Gumi."

"Sorry..." he sighed, sitting back down, "When's daddy comin' back?"

Her breath got held up in her throat, clenching her jaw.

The mother sighed, "I don't know, he'll come back eventually though. I know it."

Toji hadn't returned home in almost a year, (Y/N) longed for him desperately. When he did return it was only for a few days, dropping off savings money for his wife to live off of.

Little Megumi took another bite of his applesauce, "You really love daddy don't ya?"

"Yes, I miss him so much. I feel so lost without him sometimes." (Y/N) confessed quietly.

The fuzzy haired boy huffed, "D'you love him more than me?"

She couldn't help but laugh a little, "No of course not, you and your sister are my first priority. Daddy loves you both very much too."

Comfortable silence filled the air, nothing but the quiet clattering of Megumi's plastic spoon on his bowl. He stopped eating to ask his mom a question.

"Why d'you love him so much if he never takes care of us?"