"What do you want?" He asks. "Clearly you want something from me, but it all depends on what you give me."

"Brother, I believe that Duke Stiling is providing weapons to the soldiers of Elfena, our biggest enemy that aren't monsters." I say. I watch his expression, or lack of. He only narrows his eyes, probably not believing me.

"How do you know that?" He asks me and I shrug.

"Well, you know that I do research on ancient texts. Most of the books come from Elfena, I have special privilege to work with the scholars there. Do you remember the last time I went there?" I ask him.

"It was recent, but that's all I know."

"Yes, it happened recently. When I was there, walking the halls of the imperial palace of our enemy, I noticed something very suspicious about their armor. It looked familiar, well... the metal looked familiar. As you know, they are a nautical country, they don't really have resources to make good armor. But for some reason, their weapons and armor glittered like ours, glitter like the Imperial army." I say. "I think that the Duke is sending them weapons."

"That's a bold accusation. How can you be so sure?" He asks me.

"I'm not completely sure to be honest, I don't have the resources to look into the matter... but you do." I remind him. "All I know is that for some reason, that army has surprisingly become the most quiet, not engaged in battle anymore, but somehow living in a peaceful state with the Elfenas. Could be because they have an agreement. They give them weapons so they don't fight. Then again, that isn't the only thing that does't make sense. The Stilings have somehow gotten richer, even though they are spending a lot of money mining for materials, mining for materials that seem too much for just one army. Where is the money coming from? Where are the extra materials going to?"

"Why tell me your suspicions? Why now? Why do you even care to tell me?" He asks me.

"I have been told of a prophetic dream the other day. It is not yet clear of what will occur, but I know one thing. I will need help from you. So, whenever the time comes, you will help me." I say calmly. He narrows his eyes, for the first time I can see the thoughts in his head.

"Prophetic dream?" He asks me.

I hide my smirk by sipping my coffee. I've got his attention. Elric is incredibly superstitious and for that, he is devoted to the church.

When we were younger, we were sent to our aunt's for a few weeks. On the journey there, we faced an indescribable sensation that killed all our guards and surrounding plant life except for us. We don't remember what happened, we were knocked unconscious and woke up in different clothes in a field miles away. We both reacted to the experience very differently.

Elric believed it was a sign of the gods, he killed the unbelievers. Since our family is rooted with the Church and have control over the Temple Knights, it makes sense for him to be very religious. However, I never believed in something I couldn't see. I instead looked into science and started working with the Magic Tower.

We are completely different and our interests further divide us. Mages scorn the priests for not understanding the true nature of the world and using magic wrong. Priests scorn mages for not believing the great gods. Elric is a devout believer. I believe in science and tangible facts.

This is another division between us, but I can use it to my advantage. I've often tricked him with superstitions and 'magic'. I can trick him now, trick him into helping me.

"Yes." I set my cup down. "A fox has come into the wolf's den, convincing the Alpha to take it in. The Alpha is blind to the fox's wicked ways and allows it to join its pack consisted of the Alpha and its two pups. One night, the fox killed the smaller wolves and then the Alpha." I tell him a fake prophetic dream, but he doesn't need to know that.