“Jane?”  Alan suggested.

“You're such an old man.”  You laughed at him.  You had been talking about baby names already.

“You can do better?”  He teased.

“Willow.”  You suggested.

“Maybe, what about Oakley?”  

“Aww that’s cute I like that one.” You said placing your hand over his which was still laying on your belly.  

“You’re such an old man.”  He mimicked you with a weird voice.

“Hush. I really like the name Reggie for a boy.”  You suggested.

“I like that too, Reggie Rickman. Has a nice ring to it.” You rubbed his chest, turning on your side so you were both facing each other. 

“Get some sleep love.”  You said, pulling the blankets up.  

“I will, goodnight darling, goodnight you.” Alan kissed his palm and put it on your belly. 

Turning out the lights you both went to sleep.  The next morning you both got ready and went to your OBGYN to check the baby.  Alan was still weak and pale but you could see he was trying extra hard for you and his child.  After being called back to a room you waited for almost 20 minutes before the doctor came in.  

“So I see we're finally expecting a little one.”  Dr Meg said excitedly. She's been your doctor from the beginning, suggesting things that could help you get pregnant and just staying with you every step of the way.

“We are, we couldn’t be more excited.”  Alan replied, holding your hand.  

“Okay well let's take a look and I’ll tell you how far along you are.” She grabbed the gel off the table and rubbed it on your belly. “I know it's cold.”  

“Just a little.”

“There’s your baby.”  She pointed on the screen to the little dot.  Alan smiled and held your hand a little tighter. “I’d say you're almost three months pregnant.  I could tell you the gender if you want?” 

“I think we’d like to be surprised. However, if that changes, well let you know.”  You said, looking up at Alan. You and Alan had decided last night that you wanted the gender to be a surprise unless his health started to get really bad, then you have the doctor tell you.

“Of course that sounds nice. Okay so I know you love sushi but you need to refrain from any raw fish, or raw foods until you’ve delivered.  Also try to stay away from excessive amounts of caffeine. A little bit a day is fine but don’t go crazy. Other than that just be careful, everything looks good, your baby is healthy.  Congratulations.” 

“Thank you. I’ll see you in a few weeks.” You and Alan said leaving to head home. 

The next four days went by uneventfully until you went to start Alan's first radiation treatment. You had to wait in a separate room since you were pregnant. Alan insisted you not be exposed to the radiation. Waiting alone in that room was hard, you knew it only took about 10 minutes to distribute the radiation but you were still worried about him. 

He came back into the room about half an hour later. He looked exhausted, pale, and frail.  They wouldn’t even let him walk, he had to be brought back in, in a wheelchair.  After the nurses helped him into bed they instructed you that he needed to stay for at least an hour to recover.  The nurses weren’t even finished talking to you and Alan was already fast asleep in bed.  You sat beside him running your fingers through his hair.  You had a couple more months of this ahead of you.