Episode 10

PLAYING WITH FIRE

Episode 10
"Take the blame..."

—1.10—

AERA WAS RIGHT when something bad was about to happen the moment she sees Ha Eunbyeol leaving her sister's room.

After having to witness Rona being framed for the magazine and the cigarettes what she didn't do, Aera still couldn't believed what the soprano's daughter had done.

Was she that threatened?

Nevertheless, Aera took the blame, even when everyone denied that she would do it. In their eyes, Aera was innocent and since Rona was her sister, the girl would do anything to keep her from more trouble. Even Mr. Ma hesitated upon her confession before telling her to follow him to the teacher's staff.

On the other hand, Seokhoon —like everyone else, didn't believe Aera would do it. There's only one person he could think of and no matter how hurt he was having to think Seokkyung had done it, he couldn't deny the betrayal and anger growing in him.

Which was why he wasn't listening to anything Seokkyung was saying until the latter noticed it.

"Oppa, are you even listening to me?"

Seokhoon turned to face her. "It was you wasn't it? The cigarettes in Bae Rona's bag."

"What? No it wasn't me"

"You went into Rona's room yesterday"

Seokkyung scoffed in disbelief. "I did..." She couldn't believed that her own brother would suddenly point fingers at her for what she didn't now. "Why don't you trust me?!"

"You're going to lie to me too?"

"First you wanted to be friends with Rona because she's your competition. Then after Aera suddenly volunteered to be the school ambassador, all of the sudden you want to befriend her?" Her twin brother explained. "As if it's not suspicious enough."

"I can't believe you would say this to me. I thought you had my back, and now you suddenly choose to defend her? A girl you don't even know?" She shook her head, then to the lilac hair band that was placed around his wrist which seemed awfully familiar.

Seokkyung was just walking around the corner when she saw two familiar figures sitting inside the community room. Snacks laid in front of them on the table, as the two were occupied with their assignments.

She couldn't clearly hear what they were talking about, but based on the smile on her brother's face and the small laughs from Aera, she could tell the two were somehow comfortable with each other.

It was a bit surprising, considering Seokhoon was never close with anyone other than his own family.

Curious, Seokkyung continued to watch them when all of the sudden, Seokhoon grabbed Aera's hand and pulled on the lilac hair band. Placing them in his before going up to her hair and gathered them so he could put in a ponytail. He'd noticed how she kept tucking them behind her ear but kept falling.

Although, there were a few strands left around her face, he did quite well.

Aera looked up and smiled at him, red dusted on her cheeks, her dimple popping up. "Thank you." she said.