12 | the estimable king

Start from the beginning

It was none of his business yet Todoroki couldn't fathom the aversion of Bakugo and Y/n to each other. They both had a perverse pride in showing their hatred to each other, merely because of their pride and ego. Todoroki shook his thoughts away and prepared himself for his next match with complied strategies on his mind in order to defeat every foe on his way to gain his own gratification.

"FOR THE PRELIMINARY BATTLE! FROM THE HERO COURSE TODOROKI SHOTO VS L/N Y/N! — START!"

The second that the match was announced, Todoroki swiftly sent ice on her way. He knew that the best way here was to overwhelm her with speed or by immobilization.

Y/n, on the other hand, avoided and crushed his ice with no sweat given that her suit granted her superhuman strength. This continued on as she thought of a strategy of her own. If this were a real battle, Y/n could easily defeat the double-quirked boy; she could just straight on attack him to the point of unconsciousness or send miniaturized missiles towards him.

A sizzling wave of fire flowed towards her and, with ease, she avoided it. It wouldn't leave a scratch or even burn her suit but she needed to do some actions because people love a show and she'll gladly give it for her benefit — and her's alone.

"Who do you think would win?" asked Uraraka, as they watched the brawl unfold. Their attention focused solely on their movements as they inspected each competitor with curiosity and eagerness; obtaining as much indispensable information as possible.

"We can't be sure." Midoriya foretold, "But by analyzing their capabilities, Y/n has the upper hand — she always does."

"How so?"

Midoriya flipped the page of his notebook with his pointy finger. An imprecise sketch of the iron suit was drawn with annotations written sloppily, the texts barely legible. "None of us still know her overall abilities. She still could be hiding more, one wrong move of nescience, and your chances of defeat will increase."

He withdrew from his reading and looked back at the fight. Todoroki seemed stronger than before, he wasn't shivering from the cold anymore given that he was constantly using his left part that gave him warmth; despite looking ragged and out of breath, Y/n didn't have any sign of weakness or damage. She stood boldly the same before she entered the stadium.

"Come to think of it, unlike natural quirks, her's doesn't have any limitations," Uraraka added. "Isn't there?"

"I don't know. And our lack of knowledge is an addition to why we should fear her as an opponent."

The entire stadium was beginning to be covered in mists of condensed ice and dust as the two continued to dance in their makeshift battlefield. Each attack was exchanged purposefully with the hunger for victory.

"The smoke is getting thicker," Present Mic squinted his eyes as he leaned forward. "I can barely see anything!"

Y/n grinned beneath her iron mask. The stage was set and now the show can truly begin.

Todoroki huffed out clouds as he breathed in and out. He was getting tired and his attempts were futile, facts that he know that Y/n knew. Todoroki also knows all too well that it was her intention to create the fog that blanketed them. He mentally cursed himself for being naive.

He felt an unmerciful punch on his back which pitched him forward. He instinctively used his hands to prevent himself from falling and stood his stance. In the midst of the fog, he saw a beam of light getting nearer and emitted ice to protect himself. The repulsor ray broke the ice and the double-quirked boy raised his left hand only to feel another repulsor ray hitting his arm.