After all, they were rivals-

Baekhyun was startled when his shoulder suddenly collided into another, earning a yelp from the other person. Eyes widened with worry, his hands had automatically flown to hold the shoulders in order to steady the shorter girl.

"I am so sorry!" Baekhyun fretted and didn't even give the girl the chance to open her mouth before he had already walked past her as if nothing had happened. Her glossed cherry lips pressed into a thin line before she threw a look over her shoulder, only to find the handsome lad already out of her sight. The girl sighed with dissatisfaction, disappointedly picking a strand of her long hair between her fingers, inspecting the impeccable shine of it.

"He didn't even blink twice to take my beautiful self in," She all but whined to herself and resumed walking towards the office. Soon enough though, the girl heaved a breath and straightened her shoulders, quickly twisting her beautiful lips into a smile.

"Next time." She encouraged herself.

***

"What the hell am I even doing?" Baekhyun sighed in huge disbelief, letting his head collide roughly against the back of the seat of his Mercedes. Eyes endlessly tracing their way to the woman's purse on the other side. The engine was powerful when turned on with a twist of his hand, his foot left the brake and the car started rolling swiftly. Without wasting any more time, the man drove in the direction Soon-ok had left. It hadn't been hard to spot her as she hadn't gotten far in those heels of hers.

Why did he even bother to follow her around? What would he gain? They had nothing to do with each other. it was a constant reminder, an echoing sound that like a fire alarm gradually grew louder the closer he got. He needed to step back, but why had it been so hard recently? One glance down at the purse and the familiar noise of tapping rain against the roof of his car was enough for him to sigh defeatedly, giving in the urge to look after her once again. Soon-ok was his rival. That was strictly and only why. He only wanted to play fair. That was solely the reason he was doing this.

It didn't take long for Baekhyun to catch up to the woman who was helplessly trying to cover herself from the cold rain. Ever so subtly, he slowed the car down right next to her, which caused the wary Soon-ok to halt in her steps with a frown on her face, eyeing the unknown car with a threatening glare. Without much thought, Baekhyun found himself drawing down the window while gesturing for her to get in, but if had Baekhyun ever considered himself to be stubborn, then Soon-ok was even more so. Her icy glare screamed refusal to whatever was about to leave his lips as she raked her eyes over him judgingly. He rolled his eyes.

"What the hell do you want?" She spat, still angry from their previous argument, which Baekhyun somehow had already forgotten about.

"It's raining, don't be silly." he gritted through his teeth, but Soon-ok didn't budge.

He sighed, "You forgot your purse too." To his dismay, the woman only extended her hand, wanting to take it, leaving Baekhyun completely flabbergasted and questioning himself once again, what the hell was he doing and why had he deliberately put himself in this situation?

"Well?" She prompted impatiently after the long silence. Baekhyun didn't want her to walk under the rain and so couldn't find it in himself to give her the purse, but it wasn't like he could say that to her either.

Suddenly, the noise of thunder resounded and that was all it took for the woman to leave her spot underneath the rain and quickly get into the car. Purposely slamming the door close, making Baekhyun want to scream.

"I'm not thanking you because I did not ask for this." Soon-ok initiated while angrily fumbling with the seatbelt, gradually growing more frustrated when it wouldn't settle. At some point, Baekhyun's hand covered hers in a tight grip, stilling her frantic movements.