Chapter 69: Tommy and Heather

Start from the beginning

"Don't look at me, man" Vince mumbled.

Mick sighed. "I'll do it, drummer" he groaned as he and his bottle slowly got up.

I didn't exactly have much emotion or empathy for anyone or anything these days, but I felt bad. Tommy deserved his little bit of happiness after everything that happened with Mags and I couldn't let my own jealousy fuck that up for him, it wouldn't be fair.

"Look I-I-I've already got the fucking rings so, let's just go" I sighed.

Tommy scowled at me and barged past Mick as he stormed out the room.

I grabbed my jacket and tried to put it on without letting go of my bottle of beer. I wasn't exactly great on my feet and I was still a little hazy and groggy. I'd been fucking around with different dosages and I wanted to be so high that I didn't remember or feel a single thing today, but I think I'd went a little overboard.

CRASH!

I went straight through the table and the vases full of flowers.

"Ahhh shit!" I whispered to myself as I managed to find my feet.

I headed to the bathroom and tried to wake myself up by splashing some cold water on my face and headed outside. The place was packed out with people finding their seats. I joined Tommy, Vince and Mick at the end of the aisle.

"You sure you're gonna be alright dude?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah man, I won't let you down" I nodded.

He took a deep breath and the celebrant asked everyone to quickly take their seats. I felt my chest ache and my stomach get all fluttery because I knew exactly how Tommy was feeling. I guess when things are so raw, you can't help but go back into the memory box you bury deep inside of you and reminisce.

"Is she here yet?" Tommy whispered.

I turned around to see if I could see anything and I felt my heart fall into the pit of my stomach and the breath get caught in my windpipe when I saw Liv looking at me as she walked down the aisle to find her seat.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I think we're sat here" I heard her say as she sat down next to Gloria and Ashley. They were all smiling and giggling clearly excited to see her.

I couldn't take my eyes off her. Seeing her walk down the aisle, even though it was only for a brief moment, it bought back all the memories from when she was walking down the aisle to me.

I knew she was going to be here, Tommy already gave me the heads up. But I don't think anything could have prepared me to see her again.

She flashed me a smile, but I was frozen. All I could manage was one gentle exhale as I was bought back to reality.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the bride..."

***

After what felt like an eternity of posing for pictures and greeting guests, showing them to their tables, doing speeches and making sure everything was running smoothly, I finally had a minute to sneak off to the bathroom and take another hit and god only knows, I needed it - especially since my soon to be ex wife and her fiancée were here.