➤ ➤ ➤ GRAPHICS

Start from the beginning

Neon Graphic Portfolio
CustardPanakesBursts

45 / 50

I like how organised you are with your portfolio, it makes it look extremely pleasing. The graphics are great to look at, the colours used are great! The cover, however, could be better. Keep up the great work :)

 Keep up the great work :)

Decor
BookLoverVenue

44/50

'Décor' is an inclusive and comprehensive graphic portfolio with manifold covers and aesthetic graphics, unlike many other graphic shops I have come across in Wattpad. I believe your portfolio is a compilation of creatives initiated a long time ago given the impressive number of chapters and graphics you have made.

As a Graphic designer myself, I'm honestly overawed by your portfolio so much that I was inspired by many graphics you had too. However, my scrutiny allowed me to notice some downsides too, which I'd like to elaborate on.

I really loved how diverse and colourful your covers were made. The main cover of the portfolio itself is a creative spectacle. As I started on the book, I noticed how bland and amateurish the covers were at the start, but fortunately, I appreciate how you progress with skill and care. But one aspect I observed that wasn't given enough attention was the colour psychology. Though you seem to dedicate a chapter to it, I don't think you had understood it as a whole, and the preceding covers in the book proved that fact. This although applies to some covers only, whilst the others were made with precision and skill. Sometimes your choice of colours or your palette is very bold and heavy, and at times, the colours clash with the visual appeal to the eye. In some covers, you have integrated bold and saturated colours that might seem difficult to perceive yet bright. In some designs, the colours don't seem to match in terms of visual criticism or the colour scheme just didn't deem fit to the cover.

I also see you are very keen on extravagant detailing on your covers too, as most of your covers are packed with detail and lack white space. Though you seem to catch up on the trends of the graphic design industry in terms of cover design, you seem not to have caught up upon minimalist and simplistic cover designs. Most of your covers give me the vibe of designs made in the 2000s like you incorporated bevels and glow effects to vector-based designs, and the layout in most covers were symmetrical. Yet, few exceptional artworks stood out and touched the ribbon.

The lack of fonts used was also a factor I came to decide, as you incorporate the same styles in almost all the covers. The simplest solution is to experiment with more font faces.