≫Kento Nanami

:: 11:57 PM ::

"I told you to quit already, and here you are complaining all about your problems to me!"

"All I need is a comfort, not another bickering.. mom.."

"If you don't want to hear any of my bickering, stop calling me just because of that
stupid job of yours!"

"But I-"
Y/N's mother hung up. Y/N is stunned at that sudden action where she have been cutted off.

"...I only have you.." She finished her last sentences that was supposed to be heard by
the other line, her mother.

She couldn't cry, her head is all messed up. There's too much going on, emotions bottled up
inside her. She always think that the only person she could be herself, and being vulnerable to..
Is her mother.

"Who else supposed to comfort me if it's not my own mother.." Her voice is getting hoarsed.

Her head collapsed on the table that is full of unfinished paperworks.
Gripping the phone, that she had been hang up on.

"I'm too weak, I said I could take it. But in reality I can't, if it's all by myself.."

"Where are you when I need you the most.."
She was referring to anyone, out there. Who is destined to live beside her, for the eternity.
It doesn't have to be a family, it could be, just anyone.

That could support, carry her. Comfort her, give her a hug.

Little did she know, there is someone behind her office door. Hearing all the conversation she
had with her mother through the phone.

In a moment, she heard a knock.
In instant, she fixed her posture and messy hair.

"You may."

She think, 'Who else would be staying over if it's not Nanami..'

"Apologies for the intrusion, Y/N."

"No, not at all Nanami!"

"I told you it's okay to call me by my first name."

"Oh- yes. Kento.. I got used to it, since day time is much longer."

"Are you alright?" Nanami asked as he walked towards her table, taking a seat on an available
chair right infront of Y/N's office table.

"Yeah.."

Nanami continue to stare at her, taking off his glasses.

"..Actually not quite."

"I've heard them all."
"..The conversation."

"Why would you-"

"Did you perhaps forgot the reason why I let you call me by my first name?"

Y/N's eyes widened in shock.
'That's right! I.. Just confessed to him last night..'

"I-I'm sorry.. Kento.. I literally forgot about us.."

Nanami let out a brief sigh, before reaching out to her hand that is still latching onto
the phone tightly. "Relax your body."
He carressed her hand softly before clasping it between both of his huge, warm hands.

"Thank you.." she responsed after lowering down her stiff shoulders and loosening her posture.

"You should know that you can rely on me."
"Why making it harder calling someone who couldn't careless when you have someone beside your office room ready to give the comfort you needed?"

Y/N look up, meeting her eyes with Nanami's.
"Kento.." She sighed, she wanted to cry, but tears wont come out.

"I hate to appear weak towards the others.. I chose not to rely on anybody else other than her.."

"Tell me, am I just your 'others'?"

.:: 2nd person POV ::.

You're surprised at his words. He is right, he is not just your 'others'.
Even before the official beginning of your relationship, he has been there for you through
up and downs.

He would always came in the right time when you needed someone.
Just like right now too. Whenever you asked the universe for someone you needed the most,
he always came into the frame. There was nobody else.

The universe has been sending him to you, multiple times. Until now, you only realized that.

Unexpectedly, tears flow down your cheeks.
"..Huh.. I'm crying?" you touched your own tears, wetting your palm.
"..It's been a long time.."

All you feel right now is sense of comfort and relief.

Nanami stood up from his previous seat and came infront of you, kneeling before you to see your face, that is lowered down to meet his eyes.

He cupped your cheeks gently and wipe the tears away, even if it keeps stubbornly flowing,
he keeps trying to clean them off.

"I think you've misunderstood something."
Nanami break the silence.

"Appearing invulnerable towards someone is not a sign of weakness. Rather, it is one of your greatest strength, being able to reach out to someone."

"You're right.." you said in your lower tone before wrapping your arms around Nanami's broad figure.

"I..never knew how to ask for a hug. So don't say a word about it."

He chuckled in response, before returning the most warmest embrace you've ever received in the year. You snuggled into his neck, which makes you be able to smell his intoxicating cologne smell.

"You don't have to ask for it." He still make a sound even if you told him not to.
You can tell by yourself that your face is flush red, and you're not ready to let go yet.

"Thank you.. Kento.."

"Do not mention it."

With that, you spend rest of the night chit chatting with your workaholic boyfriend. Along with a pair cup(s) of coffees.