Chapter 12: The Pinky Promise

Start from the beginning

A while later, Chris and Eli stop in front of a gas station. They sit on a nearby bench. "Bro, where could this n*gga be!" Chris shouts. "Right, we done checked everywhere he be at" Eli says. Chris sighs. He folds his arms on top of his thighs and rest his head down. Meanwhile, back at the AirBnb, the doorbell rings. About ten minutes later, Jayda comes downstairs to open the door. "Dang, the pizza here already?!" Jayda questions. She looks through the peephole. She then opens the door. Debo is sitting on the front porch steps with his back facing the door. "Debo?" Jayda says in concern. She walks towards him to face him. "Omg, you had us worried!" She exclaims. "Where we're you all this time?" She asks. "Walking around this neighborhood, getting some air" he says dryly. "Oh, Chris and Eli called you on your phone. Why didn't you answer?" She asks. "My phones dead" he replies as he pulls his phone out of his pocket and shows Jayda his dead battery screen.

 "My phones dead" he replies as he pulls his phone out of his pocket and shows Jayda his dead battery screen

She looks at him worriedly. "Are you okay?" She asks him. He nods. "I'm straight" he mumbles. "Are you gonna come inside? The pizza should be here in a few" she says. "Nah, I just want to chill out here for a little bit more" he says. Jayda nods. She turns away to go back inside then pauses. She then sits beside him on the porch steps. "Thank you for earlier" Jayda says. Debo nods. "Don't mention it" he replies. They sit there in silence for the next couple of minutes. "Can I ask you a question?" They both say at the same time, breaking the silence. "You can go first" they both say at the same time again. They laugh. "You go first" Debo says. "Why we're you beating up the guy like that?" Jayda asks. Debo sighs. "He was harassing you. He could have hurt you" Debo answers. "Yeah, I know but two or three punches could have done the job, but you almost killed him!" Jayda hollers. "I don't care. That n*gga deserved it" Debo says. "And it's not just that, you been acting all weird and crazy lately. To me to be specific" Jayda says. Debo stays quiet. "Like first you were being extra nice and clingy, then you get like... crazy mad everytime I'm with another guy. Then you start being disrespectful to whoever guy I'm with. And it's not just little petty stuff, you be going overboard. It's weird. I thought you were just being overprotective at first but I don't know anymore. And I hate to bring this up, but like yesterday, with Zaylon, You were being rude and interruptive to us while we were filming..."

"I'm just so confused. Why are you starting to act like this all of a sudden? Do you have something against—"
"I like you, Jayda" Debo burst out, cutting her off from talking. "It's because I like you" Debo says. "And I felt this way about you since the first day we met" he rants. Jayda gazes at him in shock. She then goes blank for a couple of minutes. "Debo you—" "What? What are you gonna say? That you don't see me that way? That we can't be together because you talking to someone else?" He scoffs. "Tell me something I don't know" he says. She takes a moment to think. "Debo, you have to bury these feelings you have for me. You have to move on—" "You don't think I've tried that?😂" he cuts her off again. "I've tried that several times. And I ain't gone lie sometimes it works, especially when your away. But when I see you again, I just—" he shakes his head. "When I see you again, you just do something to me. You just have this hold on me. I can't explain it" Debo expresses. "It's even worse when I see you with another n*gga. I try my best to keep it cool but I can't help it, I just get so angry, I just get so..." he stops. "Jealous?" Jayda adds. He nods. Jayda takes a deep breath. He scoffs again. "Got me out here 'soundin like a simp and sh*t" he mumbles then. It's gets quiet again. "Is that why your always being rude and angry when I'm with other dudes like yesterday with Zay?"