Unspoken Dreams Ch.1

Unspoken Dreams

Chapter 1

                There was nothing but smoke, smoke and a long grey hallway. But as Maya took a small step she began to see the figure of a door. But it wasn’t open; it never was in her dream. And as she as took another step it disappeared. Then she woke up, Maya sighed as she opened her eyes. It was always the same way in that dream, the fog, the hallway, and that door. At first it frightened her when she was seven.  She had it on a weekly basis for so many years now that she grew use to it.

            Maya stepped out of the shower and threw her hair up in the towel as she dried the rest of her body. She was going to the nursing home with her nursing class today to do some hands on training, which meant she had to be at the high school a few minutes early. So she quickly got dress; into some scrubs she had bought earlier that week, and locked up her house. No one was home of course she lived with her aunt who despised her because she was her mother’s daughter and she blames the mother for her brother’s death.

            Maya pulled into the school parking lot and spotted her boyfriend Alex. “Babe! Over here!” she yelled. He turned his head and smiled. “Hey beautiful I thought you were never going to show up.” “Yeah well the damn alarm clock keeps messing up so I sorta over slept.” She smiled and embraced him in a long kiss. “Anyways let’s get on the bus.”

            At the nursing home Maya was first show how to give the patients their baths. “Here give this lady a bath.” A nurse suggested. It made Maya kinda nervous to be doing it on her own, but she figured she had to learn sooner or later. “Hi m’am I’m Maya I’m gonna be giving you a bath okay?” The lady just laid there looking at the ceiling. She had pale white skin, and small weathered hands. Her eyes small and black, yet they appeared as if they held so many stories. Maya asked again if it was alright but when she didn’t answer she just started. Like she was instructed she took the sponge and wrung it out then she gently scrubbed her face. All of the sudden the woman began to scream, “Devil child!! Get away!! The evil presence surrounds you!”  A staff member ran in the room, and attempted to calm the lady. Crying, Maya rushed out of the run and past the crowd of curious teens that had formed in the hallway.

Outside she sat on a bench crying. She couldn’t understand what the old lady meant but for some reason it rubbed her the wrong way. “Hey, are you okay Maya.” Alex said as he sat down next to her. “No! I’m not okay! That lady was just screaming at me! Did you hear what she said?” “Look, she’s old she doesn’t know what she’s talking about. I’m sure it was nothing.” Maya sighed and leaned into his arms. “I guess but it was just a little weird.”

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Please tell me what you think and I’ll continue.