Chapter 2: Butterflies

Today is the day that we head out to the beach for our field trip. I can't wait. I sat right next to Drew since he saved me a seat. I look at him and get a little flustered. Again I didn't understand why? I mean, he IS cute but he's a GUY. Father said that guys and with girls and girls are with guys period. That's how it goes. No different. But I still find myself wondering what if I was a girl? Would I like Drew? Would he like me back? Why am I talking about love? I don't like Drew. Uh-uh no way. I'm a guy. I'll find the right girl someday.

I look over to see Drew half asleep, look down and feel his leg against mine. Oh god I'm flustered again. Oh jeez what is up with me am i sick or something? I'll have to take my temperature once we get there. I pull out my latest addition airpods and start listening to Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, nightcore of course, it's the only kind that i can fall asleep to.

Soon later I woke up to an abrupt stop, "were here!" someone calls from the front. I can't believe I slept that long... I begin to gain consciousness and realize that I'm laying on Drews shoulder...

"Oh! Uhm... Drew! Sorry about that, I must've fallen in my sleep!" I try to laugh off, kind of embarrassed.

"I didn't mind," Drew smirked back at me.

Butterflies ran through my stomach again, I felt like throwing up. I think I would have if Gru didn't run us off the bus so fast...

"Single file everybody i need to make sure i didn't leave anybody behind..."

"Drew?" "Here"

"Martha?" "Here"

"Danny?" I here my name "Here"

"Laura?" ...silence...

"Uhm.. Laura..?" ...more silence...

"Ok moving on.. Kurtis? "H-here.." I hear him say shyly.

Gru calls out other peoples names but I was too focused on our surroundings to care. Surroundings, being Drew, of course. Right on cue, he looks over to me, "Beautiful right Danny?" "Uh- Yeah!" I choke out. He grabs my hand and we make our way over to the hotel with the rest of the group. It didn't take me long to realize that he was holding my hand. He was holding MY hand. MINE! Wow and to think this day couldnt get any better.

"Room 456 is our room right?" He asked me. "Yeah that's us!" I respond like a klutz. "Perfect! We have a beach front view!" He tells me. "Oh wow! I bet it'll be beautiful from the fifth floor too!" I say back.

We walk into out room and I quickly notice that theres only one bed... uh oh. Drew notices it also. "Oh, we can just sleep in the same bed Danny." He looks over and smiles. I look away and respond "Oh- Yeah! Hehe.." I try not to be weird.. Why would I be weird?

We quickly put our stuff down and get unpacked. Drew brings this necklace with him everywhere he goes. It's a beautiful cupid's bow with a heart on the end. He told me his mother gave it to him before she went to war. He puts it on for 'good luck for the perfect shots'. Right, I totally forgot about the whole robbing project.

We rushed down the stairs thinking it would save us time since the elevator was on the tenth floor, we were one of the last few groups to get to the main area. We get back on the bus and gru tells us that we're going to the beach first for the people with the beach related filming project and for the people with the city based films, we go tomorrow. I'm sorta glad because I had no idea what to do for the project.

We sit back down in our assigned seats, me getting window, and Drew ruffles my hair. I look up getting dizzy. He looks down at me and I give him a smile and he rests his hand on top of mine causing me to flinch but soon relax and take deep breaths.