44| ANY LIFE WITH YOU

Start from the beginning

Layla took a deep breath, "Listen for my que."

Sarah gripped the handle tightly as Layla put the car in reverse, taking a steady breath herself before slamming her foot down on the gas. The car flew backwards, speeding off and flying through the air. Layla let the wheel go, "Jump out! Jump out!"

The pair jumped out of the doors immediately, jumping as far away from the car as possibly. Layla hit the water, crashing under as she sunk quite a few feet before kicking her legs to the surface. As she came out of the water, gasped for air before seeing the life boat near her now, grabbing the handle and pulling herself up in it. She stood up quickly, "Sarah!"

A second passed, "Layla!"

She sighed in relief when she saw a waving hand from the other side of the sinking car. Layla started up the life boat, driving it over her way. Sarah reached up when Layla paused before her, latching onto her girlfriends hand as she pulled her inside, "Oh my god, I can't believe you did that. Oh my god, that was the most impulsive thing you've ever done."

"Are you okay?" Layla had to laugh as she held Sarah's face, "Are you good? Yes?"

"I'm okay, yeah." Sarah laughed as she stared at her, "I can't believe you did that."

"Layla! Sarah!" John B shouted from the railing of the boat, throwing himself over board quickly. Layla drove over toward him, "Hey, hey!"

"Are you okay?" Layla asked as the pair helped pull him into the boat, "Where's Rafe?"

"I got him for now, we have to hurry." John B said as he got into the side, "Florance is on the other side, I saw her run off!"

Layla steered the boat toward the west wing of the boat, seeing Florance running toward the railing, "Flo!"

"Layla!" she yelled down at her.

"You gotta jump!" Sarah called up to her.

"Hurry!" John B yelled as the redhead hesitated but launched herself off the side, hitting the water harshly as her pale skin went under. A few moments passed, she she swam upwards. John B reached a hand down to her, pulling her up into the life boat as she coughed slightly.

"JJ and Kie, I had to distract some people, I saw them run off toward the other side." Florence said, catching her breath from after how hard she'd hit the water. John B patted her back as Layla drove quickly, watching as Cleo and Pope jumped off on sync. The cross that Pope had dropped moments before, was being yanked up slowly by the rope connected to it.

"Pope!" John B yelled, the waved crashing as Layla steered clear of hitting them.

"Give me your hand!" Sarah called, leaning over the side, "Cleo. Holy shit."

"Jesus christ, what did I sign up for?" Florance took deep breaths.

"I got you." John B pulled Pope into the boat before Layla leaned over and kissed his head.

"JJ and Kie?" Layla gave a wide eyed looks to both Pope and Cleo, "Are they coming?"

"I thought they were with you." Pope said as Laylas heart nearly stopped, her hand grabbing hold of the motor, yanking it hard as the life boat jumped the waves as they speed around the large boat, yet again, searching for the two missing pogues.

"John B! Help!" Kids voice rung through the air.

"That's Kie!" Sarah yelled in confirmation.

"Where are they?" Pope called, Layla letting the moter go as she stood up, looking around the waves. Her eyes fell onto two figures, who appeared as one. It took her a second to realize what had happened.

𝐈 𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐇 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌| Sarah CameronOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara