15. ABANDONMENT OF THE PARTY

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, sure." Sadie nodded. She turned to Eleven, an arm around her shoulders in a hug as she smiled down at her. "I'll be right back, okay? But you're in good hands. Mike?"

On the other side of Eleven, Mike looked up. "I've got her." He confirmed, and Sadie got to her feet, pulling her jacket over her sweater in the November night cold and making sure nothing had fallen out of her pockets, making her way over to the door.

She slipped through the gap in the door, moving away from the windows to stand in front of Nancy and Jonathan. "What's up?" Sadie asked, arms crossed over her stomach. They glanced at each other. "What? Are you planning something?"

"We want to kill the monster." Nancy said. "The Demogorgon. I need it to die." There was a rage burning in her eyes that Sadie had never seen before. "I want to kill it. And I want you to come with."

"Er.. yeah that's pretty much the entire sentiment." Jonathan nodded. "We want you to come with us."

Sadie glanced back to the wooden doors that pushed open onto the gymnasium. If they were quiet enough they would be able to hear the conversation happening within as Mike, Lucas and Dustin tried to figure out what to do next and how to get Eleven's energy back while they waited for Joyce and Hopper to rescue Will.

She couldn't just abandon them now... could she? The Demogorgon might not have killed Will, but it had killed Barb and it deserved to die. But Eleven was weak and leaving the kids unattended now could be fatal. Although she had left them before, and they had fared well.

"What are you planning to do?" Sadie asked eventually. If she were to join them she needed to know exactly what was going to happen, exactly how she could help.

"We've got Jonathan's car still. We'll go back to the station and get the guns and bear traps and then we'll go to his house." Nancy said. "We can lure the monster there with our-"

"Blood." Sadie finished. "It's a master predator.. it's olfactory bulbs are particularly talented in picking up... sorry, only just realised. But you have a plan?"

"I'll explain more when we get there." Nancy said. "So, are you in? We could use a extra hand."

Sadie didn't think she had faced a dilemma this harrowing in a long while. On one hand, she had this bubbling feeling in her stomach that told her that tonight wasn't the time for her to leave the party. Eleven was all but unconscious and it didn't seem as if her energy would be regained as quickly as it had in the past.

Looking for Barb and Will in there version of the sensory deprivation tank had taken a lot of out of them. It had been hard work, harder than anything she had done before. Or at least, done with them. Who knew what she had managed to be forced into at the Lab.

But then again, Mike had been looking after her for days now, almost always by her side. Sadie doubted that he would abandon her again. She could trust him to look after her, and trust Dustin to be the voice of reason if such a fight broke out again. Another thing she also doubted.

She shifted on her feet, arms wrapped around her stomach. Letting out a sigh, she came to her answer. "If you're planning on fighting this thing I would really like to be there as well... plus I know about that sort of stuff, you know, the Demogorgon." She shrugged. "I want to come."

"Let's go then." Nancy pulled her away from the gym doors before Sadie could even consider going back in and informing the group within of their departure. That wouldn't end well.