I May Not Deserve Her

Taking a few deep breaths, holding it for a seconds before releasing it helped Hope manage her pace as she ran early in the morning. She felt like her pace was slow, admiring the fresh morning breeze, with a light fog as the clouds let out a light rain. Hope felt the few droplets here and there but it wasn't pouring.

She held out her hand watching for a moment, the droplets splashing around in her palm. Then closed her hand.

When Hope finally stopped on the hiking trail, a good distance from the lake house, she took a deep breath once more, only this time when she released it, it was shaky.

Before they left mystic falls the day of Hopes therapy session, Josie asked Hope if she wanted to go back home. To their house in the small town, but hope had refused, saying she wanted to go back to the lake town. Even after everything that happened, with running into their ex and the arguments, Hope felt as though she wasn't ready to go back to her house. Not yet anyways.

She didn't have to. Because she knew wherever Josie was, that was her home. The Salvator boarding school, the old mill, their house in mystic falls or this lake house. To hope, they were all just places. Buildings filled with material things. What really made it home, warm and comfortable was seeing Josie on the couch watching friends on tv, or dancing around the house singing and playing her ukulele.

"Why... are you... such a bitch"

Hope turned around, seeing an out of breath lizzie, struggling to ran to her side.

"Its about time you caught up. I though natural selection came for you" Hope laughed shaking her head.

"Let's go for a morning jog you said. It would be fun you said. It will be like old time, when we ran away from our problems YOU SAID" lizzie huffed

"I never said the last part" Hope shook her head, crossing her arms. lizzie on the other hand huffed and puffed, doubling over trying hard not to pass out. Then after what felt like forever, Lizzie felt well enough to walk the short 100 feet back to the house.

"How often do you exercise for anyways?" Hope asked.

"3 times" lizzie panted out

"A day? A week? A month?"

"Look I already gave my answer"

Both took off their athletic jackets and placed them on the chairs, Lizzie walking to the kitchen island while hope made her way towards the kitchen.

"BABY!" Hope shouted, opening the refrigerator. She didn't hear footsteps coming down the stairs, nor a noise from anywhere. "BABE!" Hope shouted once more.

"Josies not here" Lizzie said taking a small box from the corner. She smiled widely opening it.

"Where is she? We are suppose to go to my therapy session today." hope sighed annoyed she had to go back for the second time that same week.

"Uh, according to this here note she has been kidnapped"

"WHAT!" Hope shouted running towards the blond girls side. She grabbed the paper from the girls hand and scanned through it before clenching her hands causing to ball up the piece of paper. She took a deep breath and opened the now crumbled paper.

Took Josie. Be back Later, maybe
- Bex

"Lizzie how did aunt bex know we were here?" Hope said through gritted teeth. Slowly lizzie brought the unopened box away from the counter and behind her. Hope raised a brow before moving quickly behind the blond twin and taking the box out of her hand. When she opened it, she saw a brand new phone still sealed in the plastic.