so i bet all i have on that furrowed brow

"Okay, honey. Don't give your uncle a hard time, alright?" You say, kneeling down in front of the couch to fix your three year-old daughter's coat, "You know he tends to get overwhelmed with the two of you sometimes."

"Which is why we should have gotten Iori to watch over the kids," Nanami tells you, propping your eldest up the kitchen island to help him put his shoes on.

"Darling, we went over this already—she's out of town. I know you're uneasy with having Satoru babysit but I asked Shoko to tag along too."

"Ieiri?" He says in exasperation, standing to his full height once he's finished tying your four year-old's shoelaces, assisting him down from the countertop afterwards, "Do you want our children to develop lung cancer?"

"Relax, she promised she'll leave her cigarettes behind," you glance up at him with a small smile.

But he doesn't seem convinced; it's obvious with the look of disapproval he's giving you. Your son latches onto his leg, mimicking his expression which causes you to chuckle.

"Don't worry too much," you get on your feet, cradling your daughter on one arm as you walk towards Nanami.

"Why is daddy's face like that?" your little girl says, pointing a finger in his direction.

"Daddy's just worried about the two of you," you brush your cheek against hers, causing her to giggle before you bring her pointer finger down, "He needs a little assurance. Tell him that you'll be fine with uncle Satoru."

Before she's able to do just that, your son jumps upwards, outstretching his hands as a signal for his dad to pick him up, "We'll be fine, daddy!"

In response, Nanami hoists him up, carrying him in his arms like he weighed nothing, "You watch over your little sister, okay?"

Your son nods enthusiastically, coiling his arms around his father's neck, "Always!"

You beam at the two of them, taking another step so that you're just an arm's away from your husband, "See? They'll be alright. Besides, it's not the first time Satoru and Shoko have watched over them anyway," with your free hand, you reach out to rub the pad of your thumb across the crease in the middle of Nanami's eyebrows, clicking your tongue, "They're going to pick up on frowning all the time from you."

He takes a moment to look at you, still uncertain with the entire arrangement, but sighs in defeat when you give him a smile of reassurance, "Fine, but we're getting Iori next time."

"Yes, dear," you say, almost in a sing-song tune as you gently caress his cheek.

Just then, a knock on the door disrupts your little moment. Speak of the devil.

You walk over to the front door, opening it up to the sight of Gojo towering over you.

"Hey, Satoru," you greet him casually, taking a step to the side, allowing him to walk in. He bends slightly when entering your home.

The kids immediately perk up upon seeing him, yelling out his name as they wriggle out of your grasps and rush over to him. Gojo greets them eagerly, crouching all the way down just to ruffle their hair. You find your place beside Nanami, taking in the sight of your exuberant children with delight. He, on the other hand, is obviously still worried, and it seems that worry has doubled now that Gojo was actually in his presence.

"Where's Ieiri?" Nanami asks.

"She's at the park already, we'll be meeting her there," Gojo responds, tipping his sunglasses down with a grin.

"...You better watch over them at all times. I swear to god if anything happens to them—"

"Don't worry, I raised Megumi all on my own and everything went well," Gojo interrupts, waving a hand frivolously.