➤ ➤ ➤ WEREWOLF / VAMPIRE

Start from the beginning

The first chapter was quite interesting, and how the dynamic of Aarjav and Vivaan changed suddenly after the prologue was quite shocking. The friendship, the way you have shown the female power is also quite nice.

So, the only problem I had was with the innumerable characters and their characteristics. It's very hard to follow up the characters if you haven't established the main character leads. So, I would ask you to edit the whole story, and then establish the main characters and then continue with the other characters' descriptions and relationships.

As a person who has read a lot of werewolf stories, I have seen a lot of stories similar to this one. But I agree that you have added your touch and style to it.

The writing style I'm usually inclined to is very different from your writing. I felt that it could be a bit more creative, with an enhanced vocabulary, pace, and beautiful words which collectively show imaginary sequences of the story coming into life. So, I would ask you to edit the story and make it more innovative.

I felt the pace was a bit faster than usual in the first two chapters, there wasn't a connection between the prologue and the next chapter. You could have provided a few hints and could conjoin the chapters for a smooth transition.

I felt the plot was well thought of, and it was led on beautifully in the first few chapters, but I would tell you to lessen how much information you give away in just one chapter. But I really didn't understand how a human can order with the alpha command even if he's the firstborn. That would require him to be a werewolf, right? And I don't think I really like Arjav. He shouldn't have done that to his mate or his son.

In this part, I would ask you to use complex words instead of the words "long stare", it could be glowering, glaring, and many other synonyms. Use a fancier vocabulary to make the words float into a reader's mind.

I can't say I enjoyed it in the beginning, but as the story progressed, it was fun to read it.

The Boy Next DoorAkshitaaN

The Boy Next Door
AkshitaaN

57.5 / 100

I have seen this title often used in rom-com movies, teen fiction books, etc. Never did I expect to see it in a werewolf story. But yeah, the story actually does resemble the title.

So, don't get me wrong, I like the cover, how it's blended. But I really would say, try to match it with the title. Like a "next door" background, with a girl and a boy on the other end and near the boy, you can add a wolf too. It would seem cool, I can show you what I meant, if you PM me later. Also, you could use way better fonts than Cinzel decorative for fantasy/werewolf fiction.