To Acquaintances

Začať od začiatku

"Overrated? Are you kidding me? It's so important." He smiles as he talks.

"Well sure but, the whole college experience or life or whatever the movies portray it to be is overrated. The parties are not as...clean, to say the least, and the students don't all have a high sex libido or desire for drugs as much as tv shows make it out to be." Dream explains.

Sapnap tilts his head to the side as if the blond is speaking a different language. He gives him a look that makes the older's cheeks flair with red at how judgmental the state feels.

"I would give so many things to just have fun with friends at a real University and you have that and are complaining?!" Sapnap says waving his hands around to emphasize his point.

"I'm not complaining—" Dream starts to defend himself.

"You so are! You're basically telling me you wish the students there had a higher drive for sex and did harder drugs!" Sapnap says like this argument is the only thing that matters.

They talk as if they've known each other for days, weeks, months, years even! Maybe in a different lifetime, they were soulmates, or best friends who grew up together, or high school sweethearts, or perhaps kings of a land once ruled and lost in the divine world of fantasy and history.

"What?" Dream laughs out at what the younger says.

Sapnap stares in disbelief as the boy in front of him laughs, grinning like he's never seen before. He notices the crinkles his eyes make, the creases near the ends of his smile. The way his ears turn a softer red, or the way his hair bounces with the way his chest bubbles up laughter. God, it's all so mesmerizing.

"I didn't mean it like that! Plus aren't you the one saying you'd give up your life to experience that?" Dream finally says his laughter dying down.

"I—well, I'm not saying Ido but I'm not saying I don't. You know being a teen dad makes you miss out on being just a teen." Sapnap says as he looks away out into the windows in front of him.

He wonders how Tubbo is doing for the millionth time today.

Dream goes a bit silent, he never really thought about it like that. He guesses Sapnap has missed out on being a teen but he surely still had friends to hang with it or something right?

"What did you miss out on exactly?" Dream asks, looking out into where the other was.

"You know, what teens do, drink alcohol behind their parent's back, binge watch Netflix all night instead of doing homework, have their first crushes and kisses. Go out with friends, play video games till dawn. Try weed for the first time," He says and Dream wants to laugh. "are those not things teens did?" Sapnap asks.

The blond stares at him for a bit, "No,"

"I'm literally twenty-two years old and I've never tried drugs nor alcohol. When I was a teen I played football with friends, or you know watched youtube." He finishes.

"You're twenty-two and haven't drunk??" Sapnap decides to focus on.

"Yeah, is that bad?" Dream asks knowing damn well it's not.

"In a sense, no, but to be fair, I'm twenty and I've had alcohol before," Sapnap says.

"Thought you missed out on that?" The green-eyed man questions.