My brain stopped working.

Yeah, I know that's supposed to be impossible with my perfect mind and all, but the contact made it hard to think. I couldn't think around where his arm touched my shoulders and where his hand started playing with my hair.

Tony, Clint, and Natasha entered the room, talking to each other.

"I had it stashed under my bed, I swear, Tasha," Clint said.

"Well, you obviously didn't," she said, "otherwise it would be there."

"Someone might have stolen it," Tony suggested.

Tony looked to the ground and saw Bucky reading through the instructions.

"I found the culprit," he said.

Natasha and Clint looked to Bucky, who looked up from the paper innocently. Clint pointed at him in fear.

"No! No! Only one assassin is allowed in my room, and that is Tasha! I don't trust you lot!" he yelled.

"Clint, you're an assassin too," Natasha sighed.

She said it like they'd had this conversation multiple times.

"Why was the Monopoly board stashed under your bed?" I asked.

Tony started laughing and walked over to the bar to pour a drink for himself. Natasha rubbed the back of her neck and Clint cleared his throat.

"Technically, we're not allowed to play Monopoly," Clint said. "Last time didn't end well, and Pepper banned it, so-"

"Didn't end well?" Tony yelled. "Natasha threw me out of the window!"

Natasha laughed.

"I remember that," she said fondly.

I just blinked in surprise. I supposed Tony's suit saved him, and I guessed that the sight would have been funny.

Wanda and Vision entered the common area, followed by Sam. Sam saw the Monopoly board immediately and rubbed his hands together.

"Are we playing, then?" he asked.

Vision saw the box as well, and shook his head.

"Miss Potts said-"

"What she doesn't know can't kill her," Tony said. "I say we play."

"We'll need to be in teams," Clint said. "I dibs Nat."

We went back and forth choosing a partner. Steve and Tony got stuck together, and so did Sam and Bucky. Wanda and Vision paired up, which left me with Pietro, not that I minded.

We all sat down around the coffee table. Pietro sat next to me, his arm still around my shoulders. We decided to be the boot ("N/n, I run fast so we have to be the shoe"), and soon enough we were playing the game.

At one point Pietro pulled my hair back and whispered something in my ear, and I felt tingles run all the way through my body. The feeling of his fingers slightly scraping at my neck was impossible to think past, and I almost missed what he said.

Soon enough Pietro and I had almost half of the board, including Mayfair and Park Lane. Steve and Tony kept arguing about what properties to buy, and Bucky and Sam kept arguing over who got to roll the dice. Wanda and Vision were doing fine, and Clint and Natasha were a close second to Pietro and I.

I leaned over to Pietro.

"We need to make them all go broke," I murmured in his ear.

"No shit," he whispered back. "Do you have a plan, Printsessa?"

"Sam and Bucky are furthest behind," I murmured. "We've gotta make them land on our properties, so we need to buy the hotels. They have the last property in the set we need, so we wait until they go bankrupt and buy it from them. Then we add more hotels, get them out of the game, and repeat on the next poorest pair."

Pietro nodded and I pulled away from his ear and surveyed the board.

We eventually got Sam and Bucky out, as well as getting the property we wanted from them. We got Tony and Steve to go broke, and then Wanda and Vision. Soon enough, it was only Pietro and I versus Clint and Natasha. They whispered to each other and came up with a plan, but eventually they lost to Pietro and I.

"Ha!" Pietro yelled triumphantly. "Suck that, old man!"

I laughed at Pietro's exclamation while Clint just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Y/n, you should be a business woman," Sam sighed.

"No!" Tony yelled, removing his face from the couch where he had retired to after losing. "She can't leave us!"

I laughed and looked away awkwardly. I wasn't so sure if I was going to stay forever. Not because I didn't like them, but when you had a past like mine, it was better for everyone if I moved on eventually.

But I didn't want to leave them. Ever. I loved them all, even though I'd only known them for three months or so. They'd become dear friends to me, and they were slowly becoming family.

"Well, I think I'd best get going," I said, stretching and standing up. "It's starting to get late."

"I'm gonna set up a room for you," Tony decided. "Next time you'll be able to stay here."

I smiled at him gratefully.

"Thanks, Tony," I said.

"See you soon, Printsessa," Pietro said, giving me a wave and a smile.

I waved back at him and the others before leaving the room.

I was really going to miss them all when I had to leave again.