You just shook your head, turning your attention back to Sirius with a kind, warmer smile "Well, I really like your hair." you confessed, mostly in a whisper and for only him to hear. Your smile reached your eyes as your hand wandered with a mind of its own to the side of his head, brushing the longer strands of hair that fell over his shoulder off and away from his jacket.

"They're making eyes at each other." Peter whispered, making you roll your eyes as you both turned to him with a playful glare. At least yours was playful.

"Peter, you make eyes to your food and no one says a thing." Sirius said back, making James snort in the process. Peter just limited himself to groan as he threw his head back, knowing this time he had lost. With a confident raise of his eyebrow, Sirius glanced at you and reached for your hand that rested close to his, making you whimper in surprise before a frown settled on your face. "What is it?" he asked concerned, letting go of you immediately.

Your other hand went to rub your knuckles carefully, shaking your head.

"That's what happens when you give your first punch to someone's jaw." James gleamed, peaking over your shoulder as he nodded proudly. "I'll never forget the ache days after I first punched someone."

"What?" the three boys exclaimed, their interest hooked as their bodies visibly leaned towards James. Sirius's jaw even fell for a moment as his eyes glanced between you, your hand and then James who looked apologetically at you and the groan you let out. You brought your legs to your chest, wrapping your arms around your legs as you hid your face there too, falling into a fetal position on the cold grass as the questions started to rain on you.

When did it happen? You punched someone? Who did you punch?

"I thought you told them." James said in his defense, making you come out of your made up hiding place in between your knees. "Why would I do that?" you asked incredulously.

He was limited to shrug. "It's something you share with your friends!" he said excitedly.

"Who did you punch?" Sirius asked you, placing his hand over your arm as he started to lightly shake you on the ground "C'mon, Y/N. I never thought you'd be capable of yelling to someone and here you lay, telling me you punched someone. Did they deserve it? I'm sure they did."

"It's not that important." you shrugged it off, moving to sit back.

"It is if it's your first time punching someone." Remus said and you tilted your head, a silent question in your eyes as you stared at him.

Biting down on your lip you looked around the excited boys, meeting Sirius' eyes as you said "Promise you'll let it go after I tell you." you asked of them, their nods enough to push you to talk.

"You punched Gideon in the face!?" Sirius yelled as soon as you finished telling the story, James backing you up with comments from his perspective with the omission of tiny details from the silent threat in your eyes not to mention Regulus.

"I didn't know who he was." you excused yourself with a high pitched voice "I still don't know, really."

"Oh, he's never hearing the end of this." Sirius beamed as he placed his arm around your shoulder, holding you close to him as he walked next to you. You had gotten up in the middle of your retelling as soon as it started to get dark. The four boys walking inside the castle with you and making their way to the Ravenclaw tower to walk you safely to your common room. "The money I would pay to have been there."

"Totally worth it." James said, raising his finger in the air in declaration. "You don't look like it but you're strong." he told you.

"Thank you?" you said with the confused tilt of your head. "It's all from baking, which reminds me..." you said, fumbling in your bag until a small container made it out of it. "Cookies." you announced.