He glanced at you with little expression on his face "I took a liking to it during the winter break." he explained.

"Winter break?" you questioned "Did your mother take a liking to it too or what? You've never even looked in its direction, not even when I tried to force it on you." you said, spitting the words. Your arms laid crossed over your chest, your glare set on your face as you saw him shrug.

"It's because you tried to force it on me that I didn't try it." he said back, both of you entering in a small fight over his new liking to the warm beverage, your body language becoming more prominent as you both started to lean on the table, hands pointing everywhere while trying to keep your voices hushed.

"They look like an old couple." James said, taking a bite of his breakfast as he glanced at the silence of Sirius.

"Stop." Remus warned him, snapping his fingers in front of Sirius "They'll feel you staring and it'll be worse for her."

"Maybe he should feel my stare." Sirius snapped, lowering his gaze and taking his emotions out on his own breakfast, a fork his weapon of choice.

You hadn't even seen Sirius when you got to the Great Hall but he had heard your laugh the moment you turned right on the door, holding onto his brother's arm like nothing had happened. Did you forget all that he said? Were you that great of an actress? The smile that inevitably appeared on his face at any sign of you was completely washed away when you two sat down and started talking like you always had.

He wanted that.

"You should talk to her." Remus offered but James cut him short.

"I don't get what the big issue is! So your brother is her best friend, why should that stop you from dating her?"

"You forgot the part where Regulus is a Slytherin with the mind and ideas of Sirius' parents that hates him for being him." Remus said, all three pairs of eyes on him with an unnatural silence "Don't look at me like that, you know I'm right."

"Didn't have to be so harsh about it." Peter murmured in his side while Sirius just stared blankly with hopelessness in his eyes.

"Point is," James added, slinging his arm over Sirius' shoulders and giving Remus a glare "He already hates you, why not give him one more reason?"

Sirius groaned, moving out of James' hold "Because she doesn't want him to hate her."

"She might have to pick." James added, a bright smile on his lips. "And we all know who would win, right?" he asked, looking for Remus and Peter's support but only finding his subtle shaking of heads, making all confidence in James fade.

"Yeah, Prongs." Sirius said, pointing his hand in your direction as he let it fall with a thud on the table, the act of defeatment "The one in the old couple wins. Look at them! Everyone already thinks that they are secretly dating. I stand no chance."

The three Marauders stared at their friend in disbelief. A side of Sirius Black they never expected to see coming to shine from the dark, making its way into the world for everyone to see it. Sirius Black, the boy who had all the ladies running after him, the one who had no trouble using his skills to have everyone down on their knees and that knew he was worth it of it all and more, that same Sirius Black that now hid his head in between his arms for a Ravenclaw girl who had the heart and wit to befriend his brother and become the shadow of one another.

Sirius Black cared for the girl enough to put his own desires aside and let her be happy, to keep his friendship. The only person she had left in the school. That wasn't true anymore, but he knew it was the truth for his brother. A brother that deep down he still cared about, he knew that the girl sitting in front of him was his entire world and he didn't have the heart to hurt two people he cared about for his own happiness. As selfish as Sirius Black was, this time he didn't want to be. He just hoped he had the strength to keep that promise to himself.