"What are you doing?" Remus snapped his fingers in front of Sirius, his face turning with a haze in his eyes "You were supposed to do something!" said Remus, his hands pointing wildly to the spot you stood a fraction of a second before.

Sirius nodded his head slowly, his eyes focusing on his friend "The party had just begun, Moony." he said confidently "The night's still young."

*******

You led Regulus through the crowd, your feet moving to the rhythm of the music as you reached a more secluded place. It still had some students there enjoying the party but it was nothing like the main Hall where all the crowd was gathered.

"You promised me something long ago." you said, lowering your head to meet his eyes.

"Did I?" he asked playfully, but still you could see the gears inside his head working to remember what he had promised, his silence a confirmation he had reached to nothing.

"You promised you would teach me how to dance." you said.

His eyes opened wide, turning back to the ongoing party "You want me to show you how to dance right now?" He asked "During the party?"

"Yes!"

He took one hesitant look back at the party, the safe place where you two stood now almost making him refuse your request but one look at you it's all it took for him to give in.

He offered his hand and you took it with a squeal, making him chuckle "It's not even the right music, you know?"

"Does it matter?" you asked him.

A grin was plastered on his face, placing himself in front of you "It has never stopped me before."

You smiled up at him, placing one hand over his shoulder as he took your free hand, his other hand firmly placed over your waist. "Ready?" he asked.

"Ready." you said with a nod.

To say you learned how to dance would be a complete lie. He spent probably five minutes teaching how to dance before you both got distracted. In the end you ended up dancing to however your body felt the music, swinging your arms together in the air as he made you twirl, most of the time making you a dizzy chuckling mess. The Great Hall was left behind at some point, leaving the party and the crowd to be on its own as you and Regulus escaped to your own world. Laughter and quick footsteps echoed through the halls of Hogwarts, running as you chased each other around until you both could no longer breath properly.

Your bodies rested against the cold stone walls, letting it fall to the floor with your chest heaving at a rapid pace.

"That was fun." Regulus said.

You chuckled, turning to him with a smile that in no way could compare to the one he had on his own face. He had his head thrown back, resting comfortably against the wall, he had his eyes closed and a smile adorning his lips. He looked peaceful.

"It was." you whispered.

"Regulus."

You snapped your eyes up, meeting a bored look in the boy in front of you, he never stopped to acknowledge your presence, his eyes lingering on your friend as he jumped to his feet. You copied his movements, but he moved to stand in front of you, covering your body with his.

"Severus." Regulus said back, his calm voice a contradiction to his reaction.

The boy paid you no mind, blinking slowly at Regulus "We've been looking for you." he said, his voice low. "We didn't see you tonight."

"I was busy." Regulus said with no further explanation. You tried to move away from behind his body, his arm stopping you before you could move.

Severus glanced at you briefly, his face remaining the same "I can see that," he said "Still, I will advise you to sort out your priorities."

Regulus face turned, his fists clenched at his sides "They're sorted out, I can assure you." he said through gritted teeth.

Again, you tried to move out from the small space Regulus had you in, looking over his shoulder to see Severus turned and walk away, not once looking back.

"What in Merlin's name was that?" you asked in disbelief, letting out the breath you had been holding as you turned to meet Regulus' gaze "Reg?" you asked when he stared into the distance, his eyes following the path Severus went.

"Nothing." he said, putting on a smile.

"What was that?" you asked again, your eyes filled with worry.

"They were helping me before, nothing important."

You turned, blinking rapidly at him "Not important?" you asked with a string of voice "He seemed ready to drag you with him."

"He did." he muttered, looking back "Y/N, do you think... " he said, his words trailing off as you tilted your head, getting what he was asking.

"Oh," you said, watching as he scrunched his eyebrows in worry "No, it's fine. You go. It's already late, I should go to bed anyway." you smiled at him, a reassuring look on your face.

"Are you sure?" he asked again "I can walk you to your dorm..."

"No!" you said, your smile tightening as his frown deepened "I can go there myself. You should go before they send someone scarier." you laughed.

He took your hand and gave it a squeeze "I'll see you tomorrow before I leave, alright?"

You nodded, holding onto his hand as he started to walk away, his face turning back to you "Thank you for tonight, Reg." you said, pulling his body to you as you hugged him.

His arms snaked around you, holding you close to him as he placed a soft kiss at the crown of your head "See you tomorrow." he whispered.

Your hand stretched holding onto his until the distance made your hand fall, your eyes following him before he disappeared in the distance. You stood there for a couple of minutes, your mind racing over the last couple of minutes and the heaviness that had settled on your heart. You shook your head of all the worry, taking a deep breath before you turned back, starting your way back to the Great Hall.

You owed Sirius a dance.