He scoffed, both of you standing at the doors of the Great Hall, his eyes lowering to look at you "It takes a brain and common sense." he replied, glancing between you and the party inside; a smile drawing itself over his lips as he watched the glint in your eyes, the excitement shining through. "Ready?" he asked, giving your hand a soft squeeze.

You turned to him, the glistening in your eyes never faltering as your smile only grew, reaching your eyes "Let's make memories, Reg."

*******

"Would you calm down?" said James, his body leaning against one of the pillars of the Great hall, his hand lazily holding a drink as he took a sip from it, his eyes looking over the cup and towards Sirius and his incessant pacing "Y/N doesn't struck me as one to promise things lightly." he said, Sirius soft scoff making him roll his eyes with a smile "She'll show up."

James patted Sirius on the back, the motion breaking Sirius' gaze from the entrance, a scoff leaving his lips as he let the weight of his body fall against the wall "You don't know that." he said, fingers fidgeting with the rings carefully placed on his fingers "What am I doing, Prongs?" he asked, the look of disbelief taking over his grey orbs.

James laughed, throwing his head back in the air as he went to stand next to Sirius "Quoting the same words you told me years ago," he said, placing a hand on Sirius' shoulder as "You are screwed." he said, repeating the same words Sirius once told James when he first starting liking certain redhead girl.

Sirius covered his face, his words muffled by his hands "Save me." he cried playfully, the laughs of the two best friends only increasing in the corner of the Great Hall they had taken for themselves.

"Nah." said James with a bright smile "I don't think I've seen you this happy in a while. Better take advantage of it."

Sirius bit his lower lip, shaking his head as he let out a breathy laugh. The words he had on his lips dying right there with the commotion of Peter running straight to them, Remus standing by the door making wide signs with his arms to gather Sirius's attention.

"She 's here." Peter breathed out, doubling over himself as he rested both hands over his knees, trying to his breathing back. James took hold of his friend's arm, leading him to the side "You ran all over the Castle, didn't you..." But James' voice faded in the distance, as everything that surrounded Sirius once he saw you entering the Great Hall.

You took slow steps towards the party, your gaze staying on the ceiling since the first moment you crossed the big wooden doors. Even with great distance separating the two of you he could see the way your eyes shone with excitement, your smile the brightest he had ever seen on your face, he made sure to save that exact picture of you in his head. Always bright, always you.

It wasn't until you broke out of your trance that you turned to the person walking with you, to the person whose arm you clutched to like your life depended on it. He had forgotten, you had a date. It didn't surprise him when his eyes found the face of his brother looking at you with that smile that seemed so unknown to him, so distant. Your face remained the same, an almost childlike excitement to your features as you started to point out things, letting go of his arm to take both Regulus' hands in yours, making small movements in the air to the rhythm of the music.

He expected his brother to shake his head, let your hands fall from the air and cross his arms, only to hear the small chuckle that left his chest, his hand motioning to you to lead the way as you jumped slightly in your place.

As you turned your body, your eyes caught sight of the older Black sibling, your features falling into softer ones while taking a firm hold of Regulus hand, a smile was drawn over your lips, one only Sirius could see as you walked an disappeared into the crowd