You weren't getting much sleep that night.

Careful not to wake any of your roommates, you rolled out of bed and grabbed the closest sweater you had, wrapping it over your shoulders. You made silent work on the heavy door to your dorm, walking down the stairs as you came across a few other sleepless Ravenclaws. You smiled mostly to yourself as you got to the massive library in the common room, a big group of first years sitting on the floor with books surrounding them in every direction, the sleep in their eyes known to you and every other student.

"Hi Y/N." said one of the boys nearest to you, giving you a sleepy smile.

"Hey Félix." you said to him, coming to kneel beside them as they all turned their attention to you "Shouldn't you all be in bed?" you asked.

"You're up too." Saide, one of the girls said, and you chuckled "Why aren't you sleeping?" she asked with amusement.

"I sensed a bunch of first years up and had to come down and see I wasn't missing on all the fun." you told them, scrunching your nose in a funny manner, making them all laugh.

Félix grabbed one of the biggest books in their selection, dropping it in front of you with a big thud "If you think Herbology is fun then feel free to join us, although we all know how good you are at that one."

You made a face, sticking out your tongue as you practically crawled back "No, thank you." you laughed humorlessly "You know I barely got out of that one myself, Sadie here had to help with my own homework."

"True." she confirmed, making all of them groan in defeat as they grabbed back their books.

You watched their tired eyes, all of them reading over and over the lines that still made no sense to your own brain "I'll tell you this," you said, capturing their attention "Since I know you won't go to bed even if I tell you to, I'll go down to the kitchens and grab you all some food so you can keep studying."

They all cheered in whispers, whether it was because it was the middle of the night or due to their tired selves, you almost pouted at how cute they were and how much they reminded you of yourself and your friends.

It took a couple of minutes for you to narrow down all the things they wanted to something you could actually carry with you in "Ravenclaws studying in the middle of the night" amounts. Confident with their choices they let you go, opening the door to the common room easily as soft breeze flew around your face, making you take a deep breath as you stepped out and started to descend the stairs. It was a long walk down to the kitchens, and a dangerous one considering the hour. Luckily, you knew your way around the castle.

The corridors echoed with the inevitable sound of your movements, your footsteps carried a rhythm of its own as you tried to be quiet, taking what you considered graceful steps with a calm but steady pace. But sometimes you couldn't help yourself and take a few skips on your step as the air flew around you, the sound of the owls making a melody that made you wish you could dance. You had to stifle the giggles that escaped your lips every time you caught yourself making more noise than necessary, never scared of getting caught but because it would be a little embarrassing to be seen doing so, especially in the middle of the night.

Most of all you wished Regulus was there with you. It was rare to see him out in the middle of the night, almost impossible that you found him at the same time as you were outside. You wanted to make memories at Hogwarts with him, to have stories to tell when you were older about the fun mess you two would do at dramatic times in the night. You wanted to sing his favorite songs, and have him teach you how to dance, laugh as you escaped the angry calls of Professor McGonagall and get detention together for the rest of your time at Hogwarts. You wanted to have fun with your best friend. But where was he? Probably not sleeping, you knew he got the same amount of sleep or less than you did. But he decided to be boring after dinner and head straight to the Slytherin common room.