Our Home

He didn't know when did it happen, but the children caught on the fact that he could play piano and sing. 

"You can't pretend that you can not do that again, Human! We saw you practicing at night!" Raon had been grinning as he told the red-head so.

"Aigoo... so you were not sleeping after all? When did you hear me?" Cale asked back with the best poker face he has to hide his embarrassment.

"Err... Last night!" 

It has been a whole week ever since the late night fiasco. Naturally none of them speaks of that night to the red-head despite reacting to the discovery their own way.

Raon actually has a recording of that extremely sad song that Cale sung before, but it was something that he never intended to show the others.

—in the meantime, the said red-head is currently staring at the black dragon suspiciously.

"W-What? What is it?"

'He did it again'

The normally confident young dragon just stuttered and seemingly nervous for some reason.

Raon is obviously hiding something from him.

'Should I pry for it?'

Cale couldn’t help but wonder, though he then shake his head at the young dragon's question before then patting his head.

"Nothing. It's just..." he trailed a bit as he arranged his words, "if there's something bothering you, know that I'm here okay? I'll always be here for you"

The dragon's eyes gleamed. He was moved from what the redhead said, it seemed like all of his problems vanished in an instant.

'Forever might not be possible, but...'

Present is right now.

And just like the name of his attribute, and the literal name that Cale made just for him [joyful dragon], Raon will make sure that no moments shall pass by in vain.

He'll make it so that his every day with this human and their dearest family to be a blessing and a joyful gift.

A present.

"Well, though I am great and mighty, I do have some worries, human" Raon admitted.

To which, that confession has actually surprised Cale who did not expected for him to actually say it so bluntly.

'I guess he is still a child after all'

Unexpectedly, rather than annoyed, Cale was relieved that Raon seems to trust him enough to shares his feelings.

"Really? Do you want to talk about it, hmm?"

As he pats the black dragon's head before then caressing his back so gently, Cale asked carefully as he did not want to step any lines he should not crossed.

"I'm afraid that you'll leave me..."

That red-head tried not to freeze at the sudden revelation. He then calmed himself first seeing that the young dragon did not say anything else after that one statement.

"I see. Well, you don't have to worry about that for a long while then. I intends to watch you, On, Hong, and our family grows old."

He shared his honest sentiments.

"...you do know that Dragons would age for hundreds of years right?"

Cale stared at the tearful eyes as his hand stopped moving.