Unexpected Invitation

She sighed to herself, as she flopped back down to the ground. But it was short lived when Angel jumped onto her chest. The little bunny rubbed his little tummy and Fluttershy could faintly hear the sound of gurgling coming from him.

"Oh, you must be absolutely starving Angel," Fluttershy said. "Come on then, we'll go inside and fix everyone up some supper."

The little bunny quickly hopped off her chest and hopped quickly back toward the direction of the cottage. Fluttershy slowly got back up, working her way to the cottage and began whipping up meals for all her animal friends. She made a little salad with carrots for Angel, filled all the many birdfeeders for her bird friends, a good amount of honeycomb for Harry the bear, and so on and so forth.

After everyone had eaten, now contently relaxed, Fluttershy made her way into the kitchen to prepare her own food. As she was in the process of making her own salad and pouring herself a nice glass of juice, she heard the most horrible, most frightening sound she had ever heard in her entire life.

Fluttershy was so spooked that she dropped her glass of juice, which shattered to the ground.

"What in the wide world of Equestria was that?" She thought.

Apparently, all the other creatures heard it as well because now they were all running around and made noise in a blind panic. Fluttershy tried her best to calm her animal friends down, but at the moment they were so frightened that nothing was going to ease them. As much as she really didn't want to, Fluttershy knew she had to investigate the sound.

Shaking like the leaves she had raked a few moments ago, Fluttershy cautiously made her way to her front door and slowly creaked it open. Looking out into the brisk afternoon air, she scanned around the area to see what could possibly be out there. At first, it didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary, until... she saw it.

Looking toward the mighty Everfree, Fluttershy's eyes widened in panic when she noticed a dark figure crouching upon one of the branches of the dark trees. The creature seemed to be black as night and stood at least seven feet tall when standing upright. It had long arms, long legs, and two huge wings that folded around its form as it stared down at her. And what 'really' captivated her most was the glowing red eyes that stared directly at her.

 And what 'really' captivated her most was the glowing red eyes that stared directly at her

They were just so red it didn't even seem possible. When their eyes met, it was thought this creature had a hold of the timid Pegasus. No matter how much she wanted to, she just couldn't take her eyes off whatever this was. She wanted to understand what she was looking at, she wanted it to make sense. What could possibly have eyes glowing red like that, especially in the daytime?

The creature then stood up to its full height on the branch, stretching out its wings to their full length. It had to have easily a ten-foot wingspan, given how huge the wings and the creature itself was. The creature gave off one last ear-piercing screen before flying off into the darkness of the forest so fast that if she were to blink, she'd have missed it.