-82-

Asteria struggled to wake up the next morning but James was able to drag her to Transfiguration

She held up her head with her hand as McGonagall began to explain a charm. Asteria's head was spinning and her eyes were slowly closing. There was still eyeliner which had been smudged.

"You shouldn't of drank so much." James whispered to her. "Piss off." She replied as she hit her head on the table, making him chuckle. "I suggest paying attention Mr Potter. I would hate to see you fail your N.E.W.Ts." The Professor warned him before continuing to teach.

Asteria then felt a weird feeling in her stomach which made her sit up again. Suddenly, she threw up onto the floor beside her desk. "Miss Evans, take Miss Parkinson to the Hospital Wing, please." Mcgonagall told the girl who nodded before waiting for Asteria to walk over to her.

Lily walked beside the pale girl down the corridors. "I'm never drinking again!" Asteria shouted loudly. "I'm sure you'll break that rule in a bit." The red head girl laughed as they approached the doorway to the Hospital Wing.

Madam Pomfrey looked over when she heard them walk in. "What can I do for you, dears?" She asked the students. "Asteria threw up in class." Lily replied.

"A stomach bug?" Madam Pomfrey asked but she shook her head. "She enjoyed herself a bit too much last night." The girl smirked as Asteria let out a groan and sat down at the end of one of the beds.

"Oh dear," She sighed. "I'll be back. Just one moment." Madam Pomfrey told them before walking towards some shelves.

"Why did you tell her?" Asteria asked Lily. "She doesn't mind. Do you know how many times Sirius has been in here?" Lily asked her. "Every weekend." Asteria answered but she shook her head. "Every 3 days."

The Matron walked back with a small vile of potion. "Drink this. You should feel better." Asteria took the vile and drank the potion.

"You can head back to class now." The girls got up before walking towards the exit. "And watch how much you drink next time!" Madam Pomfrey called out. "No promise!" Asteria shouted back which made her sigh and shake her head.

-☘︎︎-

After all of her lessons had finished, Asteria headed down to Hagrid's hut at the edge of the forest. As it was November, the sun was already setting behind the surrounding mountains.

Asteria held out her hand and knocked on the wooden door which soon swung open. "Asteria! Come in! Come in!" Hagrid boomed loudly with a grin. The Hufflepuff walked into the small hut, the fire burning brightly.

"Would you like a cauldron cake?" He asked her as she took a seat at the table. "Yes please." He then placed the cake in front of her before sitting in the chair opposite.

"Hope you ain't getting in many detentions so far." Hagrid said as she lifted a spoonful of cake to her lips. "I haven't had one yet." Asteria replied proudly.

"Looks like James Potter has had an impact on you." He muttered as he got up again because his kettle let out a whistle. "Huh?" Asteria asked but he shook his head.

"Oh nothing. There's some pheasants over there if you want to feed Buckbeak." She stared at him for a moment before grabbing the birds and walking to the back of the hut.

When Buckbeak saw the Hufflepuff, he jumped up and tired to run to her but the chain around his neck stopped him.

"Oh, come here." She sighed as she walked over and undid the metal chain.
She laughed as he held down his head for her scratch.

"I've missed you." She whispered as she rubbed his back. "I've got dinner." She announced before stepping back and throwing one of the birds up on the air for him to catch.

She then paused when someone knocked on the wooden door to the hut. When Hagrid opened it, she heard a familiar voice.

Asteria put the pheasants down and stepped around the hut to see James standing there. "James?" She called out which made him turn to look at her. "There you are. I've been looking for you." He said as he walked towards her.

"Why?" She asked with her eyebrows furrowed. "Because I missed your beautiful face." He complimented which made her stare at him.

"Fine. I'm hiding from Pete. I knocked over a plant pot." He confessed which made her roll her eyes and chuckle as she walked to the back of the hut.

"Oh, Bucks!" She exclaimed when she saw that the bird had eaten the rest of the birds. James then walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

When the hippogriff saw them, he jumped up onto his back legs which made James step backwards. "Don't be jealous Bucks." Asteria laughed as she petted the creature. "I love you more." She whispered in his ear which made James gasp.