𝟎𝟒│ death eaters

Start from the beginning

As the time crawled on by, the incessant tapping of your foot increased. At one point Fred even threatened to step on your toes to make you stop doing it.

Suddenly four figures slowly approached your clearing, and your hand immediately gravitated to your wand like one magnet to another. From the corner of your eye, you saw the twins do the same as they stepped in front of you and Ginny.

As the figures climbed higher up the hill, you got a better look at them and were relieved when you saw Mr Weasley leading Harry, Ron and Hermione towards you.

"Harry!" you grin, jogging over to him, "Are you alright?"

"Scar hurts." he grunted bluntly, rubbing his forehead, "But the Ministry thinks I conjured the mark."

You scoff at the Ministry's accusation, knowing it'd be completely illogical for Harry of all people to summon the Dark Mark, "They just want someone to blame, it'll be fine." you say, tugging him into a warm hug.

Your brother reluctantly wrapped his arms around you and let himself relax after what he'd just been through, but then yelped when you pulled away and smacked him in the arm.

"But don't you dare make me worry like that again." you scowl, fighting back a smile when you see Harry's look of betrayal.

"I'm sure she grew a few grey hairs from all of the stressing she did whilst you were gone." George teases, approaching the pair of you and carelessly slinging an arm around your shoulders to pull you closer to his side.

"Don't make me hit you too." you say, glaring daggers at the ginger boy, who did not find you threatening whatsoever.

He only raised his arms and takes a short step away from you in defense, "Calm down Miss Potter, theres no need for us to fight." he smirks.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

George was right, there was no need to fight him over that because everyone managed to get onto Platform Nine and Three-Quarters safely.

Right now, he was asleep next to you. It'd been only thirty minutes since you'd boarded the Hogwarts Express and he'd already submitted to his exhaustion, folding his arms on the table and resting his head on them. It was a wonder that he didn't wake up from all of Lee's excited yelling.

You and Fred had been recounting the events of the Quidditch World Cup, not sparing any detail about the match itself or the aftermath that came with it. Because Lee wasn't there himself, he had been grilling you and Fred about it, wanting to know about every little thing that happened.

"According to Dad there was loads of security, that's what's worrying the Ministry the most," Fred explained, "It happened right under their noses."

"I don't understand how that many of them could've gotten in there." you sigh, "It was so sudden too."

"It sounds unbelievable." Lee agreed, "I'd be worried about people infiltrating the Ministry and feeding information to the outside. Y'know, to his people."

You grimaced at the thought, but you knew that Lee could be right, and he probably was. Everything in the muggle world was already too corrupt as it is, having a corrupt Ministry could easily mean the end for absolutely everyone.

That thought was tough to bury in your head, but as time passed, you managed to force it to the back of your mind. Instead you focused on the story that Lee was telling you about something that happened on his holiday.

The rest of the journey to Hogwarts went similarly to that; telling eachother stories and making jokes. At one point you tried seeing how many empty chocolate frog boxes you could balance of George's head without waking him up. (Your personal record was six boxes before your tower fell over).