𝟎𝟒│ death eaters

Start from the beginning

"Are you alright?" George asks, turning when he feels you grip the hem of his sweater, struggling to match his long strides.

"Harry got separated, and Ron and Hermione are gone too." you say, rather panicked at the disappearances of the younger kids.

"They'll be okay," he replied, though you could see he was also trying to reassure himself whilst saying it. He removed your fist from his jumper, but kept a tight hold on your wrist as he kept surging forwards with you in tow, "We just need to focus on getting out of here."

You nodded, not feeling the need to respond out loud. Using the sleeve of your sweater, you tried rubbing the smoke from your eyes with your free arm, but that proved to be dangerous whilst running across a muddy field so you soon decided against it. Your eyes would have to sting from the ash for just a little longer.

The others seemed to be struggling with this issue too, because you noticed them screwing their eyes shut every once in a while.

After what felt like an eternity, you, Fred, Ginny and George stood by the old boot on the hill that you'd arrived upon the morning before. The others were nowhere to be seen, you couldn't help but let the irrational stress start to eat at you again.

"I want to go back and find the others." you say after a few moments of silence, "I need to know that they're okay."

"Y/n," Ginny catches you off-guard with the use of your name instead of some wildly stupid nickname, "They can handle themselves perfectly fine."

"I know, but our brothers are out there, we can't just wait for them to come back and find us!" you insist, unintentionally letting your anxiousness swallow you even more.

"I know, but none of us can go back into that." George adds, placing a reassuring hand between your shoulder blades, "Especially you. You're a bloody Potter, and there are Death Eaters out there."

The touch and his words do nothing to comfort you, if anything it made you feel a little worse. Now you were also feeling a slight twinge of guilt, maybe you were making too much of a scene and it was embarrassing the others? You didn't want to dwell on it because you knew deep inside that the overthinking voice in your head wasn't right.

George keeps his hand on your back, stroking up and down every so often as if to remind you of his presence. Nobody says another word, not wanting to vocalise anything that would increase the fear that had already enveloped your group.

Everyone stayed like that for a while, and as the sound from the field started to fade away, so did the tightly-wound ball of anxiety inside of your chest.

But that's when the Dark Mark appeared in the sky, writhing and hissing above the forest on the edge of the campsite. The horrible feeling that you'd just fought off had returned instantly. You could feel your heart stop and your body start shaking from the shock alone.

You'd never seen it in person before, only in a book that you'd taken from the restricted section. It was so much more horrifying in real smoke instead of a book's ink.

"Guys." you whisper, suddenly feeling the need to be as quiet as possible, "Look over there."

You watched as all of their faces fell when they saw the snake-tongued skull hanging far away in the sky. Even though there was a great distance between you and the Dark Mark, it still set you on edge, like something world-shattering was about to happen.

"That can't be good." Ginny murmured, and her brothers hummed in agreement.

The four of you waited with baited breath for any positive sign from the others, but it was a while until anything came.